12/story two/

//

"Oh my god, I'm so excited!" Flynn was saying as they waited in line, "I only ever play laser tag when my older brother comes to visit. My mom won't let me usually, she says it's not 'lady like'."

"Well that's stupid. Girls can bop their bussy's to laser tag just as much as boys!" Pj said.

"I agree." Phil said.

"Wow, very endearing." Flynn says with a roll of her eyes.

"I try." Pj winked.

"And they say chivalry is dead." Phil joked.

Flynn laughed, "Honestly. But hey, where's Dan? I thought he was supposed to play with us."

"Probably busy." Phil mumbled.

"Riiiigghtt. He doesn't like me very much, huh?"

Phil scoffed. "He's just...he doesn't trust new people at first."

"I kind of guessed. That's kind of why I wanted to prove to him today that I'm trustworthy! I promise I won't murder any of you. Cross my heart."

"I don't know who deserves the chivalry award more, you or Pj."

"Guess we'll have to fight to the death!" Pj shouted.

"You wouldn't want to. I'd kick your ass." Flynn states simply.

"Oh yeah? We'll see in laser tag now, won't we?"

"Let's make a bet." Flynn said, crossing her arms. "If I win, you're buying me and if Phil joins my team, ice cream, because I like ice cream. And if you win..."

"You make or buy me a grilled cheese, because I really want a grilled cheese." Pj said. "Oh, and if Phil joins MY TEAM, which he probably will, you got to get him whatever he wants too."

"Deal." Flynn said, shaking Pj's hand with a devilish grin.

"Alright, Phil. Before we go into battle, who's team are you on?" Flynn asked.

"Obviously, yours." Phil said, "I have no doubt in my mind you'll kick his butt."

"What??" Pj said, "Come on, dude, we've been friends for like a million years and you choose her over me?"

"Look, you're good at laser tag, Pj, and I love you. But Flynn is just really awesome, and girl power yo."

"Alright!" Flynn said, fist bumping Phil. "Let's go!"

"Uh, sorry, I'm late guys." They all turn around and Dan is there, looking a bit sad.

"Wow, and now he deicides to show." Pj said, shaking his head. "I was counting on you. You're on my team, by the way."

"Okay." Dan says, "Again, sorry. I just...my mum was keeping me."

"It's okay." Flynn says, "All that matters is that you're here, and now I get to kick both you and Pj's asses. Good times."

Dan smiled. "We'll see."

Phil realized while trying to not meet Dan's eyes two things: one, Dan was not being a total dick to Flynn, or to anyone. He actually seemed...sorry?? And the second thing was, he was desperately trying to get Phil to look at him. His eyes kept glancing over at him the whole time they got their gear on and listened to the instructor. And Phil was so mad, he refused to give in.

As soon as they got let into the arena, Dan cornered Phil as all the kids and Flynn and Pj ran around, yelling and shouting recklessly. "We need to talk."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Just play the game, Dan."

"Do you know why I came here?"

Phil rolled his eyes, "Honestly, I have no idea. You shouldn't have come, really, since you have so many better friends to hang out with."