6/story two/

Phil thought maybe...maybe he was losing his head.

He couldn't breathe when Dan's arm so much as brushed against his, or when he looked at him and suddenly he was ten times more insecure. And...anyone could see that Dan was easily the prettiest person alive. Phil saw the way people stared and seemed to trace his jaw with their eyes, and take in every intricate little detail in his smile; like his dimples and the crinkles in the corner of his eyes and just his eyes, he was so beautiful.

Phil definitely had lost his head. And unknowingly, he began following Dan around like a lost puppy.

"So, Keaton in maths invited me to hang out with some of his friends tomorrow." Dan was saying, "What do you think?"

Phil's breath caught in his throat. "You mean...Keaton Wells? Keaton, Keaton? Like popular soccer guy with a really nice v-line Keaton?"

Dan nodded, "Yep, that's the one."

He laid back on the bed in his room, Phil sitting next to him with his legs crossed and a worried expression. Dan half smiled and raised his eyebrows. "So..."

Phil stopped staring at him all chilled and laid back, blinking away all of his thoughts about just how nice Dan's body was. It wasn't perfect, but yes it was. "Uh...I mean...uh, he's...like what friends?"

Dan shrugged. "Don't know. Probably his soccer dudes and their chicks. And other people probably, he has a lot of friends in college."

Phil knew who he was talking about. They were the most popular kids in the school. And of course, Phil should've known Dan would get caught up in them. I mean, both Stephanie and Layla got caught up in him. He belonged with them. He was so handsome, and just the right amount of uninterested but interesting, and smart, and relatable, and had a nice voice and attitude, and had the right kind of superior look, and again he was just so-

"Beautiful." Phil whispered, and Dan raised his eyebrows at him again.

"Where is your head today, mate?" Dan said, reaching over and bonking Phil on the head playfully. "Come on, I want your opinion."

"I'm not sure." Phil admitted, "I've never really talked to Keaton or his mates. And especially not their girlfriends. I'm just not as cool as you."

"You're right, you're cooler than me." Dan said.

Phil's eyes widened. "What?"

Dan shrugged. "You heard me. I think you're cooler than me."

"How?"

"I don't know you're just...so fun and nice. And you have amazing eyes and such an enthusiastic personality and I'm just...bleh. And you're passionate. Very, very passionate about your interests, and your friends. It's crazy admirable." Dan said cooly, shrugging it off.

Phil could feel his stomach erupt with butterflies, and his head spin. Sometimes he always felt like there was a chance that Dan could like him too and that made him feel insanely happy like he could run off the edge of the world. He couldn't help but beam at Dan as his heart began to take off. "Thanks."

Dan suddenly got an idea, sitting up a bit straighter. "Wait a minute! Why don't you come with me? Yeah, that way it won't be awkward."

"Oh no, no way." Phil said, "I wasn't invited to this. And...I just can't. No. They won't like me."

"Nonsense. If they like me they'll like you. Plus, you're so sweet." And Dan was giving Phil such begging and genuine eyes. Phil hated that he was a sucker for him.

"I...alright. I'll come, but only if Keaton says it's okay to bring me."

"Awesome." Dan smiled, and Phil saw him lose his cool as he suddenly enveloped him in a hug. A nice warm, genuine hug where Phil could feel his heart beat against his.