15/story two/

AN: tell this long neck ass boy he ain't ugly for him and I'll update later this week. please and thank you

//

Dan doesn't really feel curiosity. He just doesn't care enough to feel it. He didn't 'have to know' anything, he hadn't felt like that since he was a kid. That was the truth, until Phil changed all of that.

He didn't realize how many questions he had until he was looking at Phil all invested in a movie on his couch, slightly distant, stuffing his adorable face with popcorn. How was it possible that this boy liked him in the slightest? When did the feelings start, did they ever end? What about him was the most amazing thing in the world? Did he like Flynn now? How did he really feel? Was it humanly possible to be so sweet? What had he said to those college girls that Dan still thought about occasionally, remembering what they said about him? Why did he care so much when Phil brought Flynn into the group? What little things about this boy did Dan not even know about yet? Why did he want to know them so badly? How did Phil start this fire, and how did he make it stop?

"Last I checked, I haven't won an Oscar," Phil said, snapping Dan out of his trance and raising an eyebrow at him. "Is there a reason you're watching me so intently?"

Dan paused, not exactly sure how to reply. Instead he started spilling his thoughts like Phil just tipped over the glass. "I just...you ever think about how interesting a single human is? Like, no matter how boring their life is I think I've developed this curiosity in the tiniest details. Their unflitered thoughts, upbringing, all the things that made them choose their clothing and the way they speak and all the little in-betweens of life they cut out of movies. Those moments when they are so still and quiet and alone and they're barely conscious themselves of it. Just hours passed of nothing, of them watching a movie or browsing the internet or even sleeping. Their most vulnerable and honest moments. They're kind of beautiful in a way."

Phil stared at him, a little surprised. "That's...even more shocking coming from you then just in general."

"Why?"

Phil shrugged, looking back at the tv. "If I'm honest, I was just sure you didn't care. About people, specifically."

Dan sighed. "It really sucks you think that of me."

"It really sucks it's your fault."

Dan frowned. "I thought we're over this."

"Apparently not."

"Jesus Christ, could you stop acting so blunt?"

"Who do you think I got it from?" Phil snapped, and Dan didn't know why it stung. Maybe he knew deep down that stupid feeling called guilt was attacking him again. He hated Phil, for making him ask questions. He hated the pit in his stomach, the consumption of the black.

"I'm sorry," Dan said for what seemed like the millionth time. "I...I guess I just want you to be happy. I know I made you mad a while ago and it's all just better when you're happy."

"I can't be all the time." Phil said, "I'm not superhuman."

"Maybe not to you," Dan whispered, "But you're superhuman to me."

I highly doubt it.

Phil thought about that, mulling it over in his head. Did Dan really believe he was strong?

He'd always been curious, he was always wanting to know more. And maybe it had been this horrible throbbing curiosity that had made him so attracted to Dan. His need to know everything was what drew him to the intricate black hole who was slowly fading into himself. Becoming something else. Shifting.