ONE

Eliza Inez Galway was born at one fifteen in the morning on March seventeenth, 1927

Eliza Inez Galway was born at one fifteen in the morning on March seventeenth, 1927. The midwives and Healers crowded the bedroom in her family's manor as her mother, Madelyn Galway (née Batt), screamed her lungs out, her fingers grasping the bed sheets as sweat trickled down her forehead. The umbilical cord had wrapped itself around the baby's small neck, and there was a threat of her suffocating, and thus the labour was induced three weeks early. Consequently, there was an unusual number of St Mungo's staff involved in the room to ensure that the baby was born without further complications as Marcellus Galway was left to pace outside the door anxiously, listening to his wife's screams and cries from inside the room.

Gladly, the labour was successful albeit Eliza was born smaller than ideal and very fragile. When one of the three midwives present finally opened the bedroom door for Marcellus to enter the room, Madelyn was sitting on the bed in a messy tangle of bloodied sheets, drops of sweat and tears rolling down the sides of her face as she held the small bundle in her arms

"Eliza," she mumbled with a throaty voice as her husband collapsed to her bedside, pressing relieved kisses to her perspiring temple. "And Inez, because she's a pure angel, heaven sent."

And so Eliza Inez Galway received her name.

"March is in the twelveth house, under the rule of Neptune and Jupiter," Madelyn said, looking out through the nearest window at the star illuminated sky, not a single cloud floating about. "She'll be generous, compassionate, faithful, and caring; our little angel."

Eliza was the youngest of five sisters; Dona, Lottie, Avis, and Kitty. They grew up in their family mansion in north Appleby, a Wizarding village in North Lincolnshire. The Galway girls all showed different traits and character but were often seen running around in the acres of green fields owned by the family. Dona's determination and nobility earned her a place in Gryffindor when she began Hogwarts in 1931, making both Prefect and Head-Girl before graduating. The twins Lottie and Avis who arrived at the school together in 1932 were quite dissimilar, the prior a creative girl full of wit and a true Ravenclaw, the latter joining their eldest sister in the House of the brave. Kitty was the hardworking and just of the sisters and thus was quickly sorted into Hufflepuff upon her arrival at Hogwarts in the September of 1937.

If the Galway sisters had one thing in common it was that they were all proud of who they were and very set in their ways, none of their Sortings took any longer than a minute. And thus as Madelyn and Marcellus Galway escorted their four daughters who were still Hogwarts students to King's Cross Station, Dona having rushed to her secretary job in the office of Magical Law Enforcement, they did not doubt that their last daughter would quickly earn herself a spot in the house of the ambitious and determined.

Of the Galway girls, Eliza was the one most like her mother. They shared the same long blonde hair that fell to frame the high cheekbones, the round light olive eyes, and fair skin. They were both tall and slender and held their head up high as they walked with grace in their step and acted with the highest of etiquette. But they did not only look alike, their traits and values were very identical as well. From a young age, Eliza joined her mother every Christmas Eve on a trip to the village where they gave packages of food and other necessities to those less fortunate. So it could only be expected that they would also share their House.

Kitty shared the blonde hair of her mother, though it contrasted against her light tan skin and warm brown eyes. The girl's round face always had a large smile on it that made the corners of her eyes squint. She was often found in the garden where she was entertained by the family's two pharaoh hounds, Royal and Moose, or in the basement chatting with the House-Elves.

The twins, Lottie and Avis, were polarised in personality but identical in looks. They had the chestnut brown hair of their father and darker versions of their mother's eyes. Constellations of freckles littered their pointy noses and high cheekbones, Lottie's often stained with paints whilst Avis's were regularly covered in soot from her failed attempts at inventing new Potions.

Dona was her father's daughter, through and through. She had his olive skin matched with brown hair and brown eyes and, though she was the eldest child, she was also the shortest. Not only did Dona share her Hogwarts House with her father, but they also both worked in law - or in Dona's case, she wanted to work in law, but having only just graduated she had not yet achieved that dream.

But there was one thing that all the members of the family shared; the strive for goodness.

The Galways were nothing short of a perfect family. Sure they fought sometimes and their strong personalities often clashed, but love was never lacking in the household. All five girls grew up knowing that they would be supported as they achieved all their dreams, bringing positivity into the dark world.

And perhaps this was why Tom Riddle grew so infatuated with the youngest daughter so quickly. She was so perfect that she was nearly like a doll. A toy he wanted to play with all day long.

Eliza was an object to him, a pretty possession he wanted in his collection. He felt the right to own her; he was the Heir of Slytherin, he was royalty. And as he gained power through the arts of fear, he grew a lust to have her, to put her on his shelf where she would sit and look pretty. A doll was what Eliza was to Tom Riddle, and she would live in his dollhouse.

so this chapter pretty much only introduced the characters more but yeah, it will be more eventful

the next one is probably going to be a few scenes to sum up the earlier years and then this book is gonna actually start in their fifth year and then proceed to post-hogwarts ... mostly post-hogwarts