Chapter Ten

Awestruck with what happened, Baekhyun and Sooyoung was glued on their positions but quick to panic when they heard noises coming outside. Sooyoung recognized one's voice as one of the guards paid to watch out for Chanyeol. She made Baekhyun sat up from the bed and pretend like what a real doctor and intern will do. Good thing Baekhyun was still holding the wet towel on his hands so he was able to act like he was just cleaning the patient that's why he's close to him. Aside from the given protocol, no one's allowed to be near at the patient unless he will be needing a bath, an injection of foods, vitamins, etc. otherwise, hospital personnels were supposed to step back away from the patient.

"Who are you?" The armored guy asked, eyeing Baekhyun like he was ready to attack in no time because it was the first time he saw someone with Dr. Sooyoung.

"Second Lieutenant. . ." Sooyoung called. Yes, they hired not just a simple guard. They're armored armies of South Korea. "He's Hyun, he's my intern. I'm sorry if I didn't notified you about him. It's his first day and you were not around when I was about to introduce him to you."

The said officer bobbed his head and whispered something on his companion. "Okay. You're supposed to finish your rounds in ten minutes. Finish giving Mr. Park a bath and quickly step outside of his room. Do you understand?" Both of them nodded and that made the two armored men step outside of the room.

Sighing, Baekhyun and Sooyoung felt relieved. They thought they will be caught red-handed. Baekhyun was still emotional after what Chanyeol did so he wasn't yet ready to face the repercussions of their actions yet. For now, he was just happy over what Chanyeol did today.

"It was the first time he reacted upon someone trying to make him," Sooyoung started, she walked behind Baekhyun while watching the midget continue on cleaning his husband's skin. "No one, not even the one who admitted him here was able to make him move his reflexes. Just you, Baekhyun. And you know what?"

Baekhyun hummed, still watching his husband's peaceful slumber. Two years of not hearing anything from him was not an excuse for him to forget how his husband actually looks like. He memorized everything about Chanyeol and it's making something inside him throb upon realizing that there were so many changes on his husband's physical appearances. His lips used to be plumped and pinkish before, but now, it's chopped. Baekhyun wanted to have a taste of his husband's lips but there's something stopping him.

"It's a good thing, Baekhyun. It only means he still remembers you despite that he's in coma state. We still haven't finalized it yet if he has an amnesia or what but seeing how he reacted with your voice was enough for me to understand that even if he's not functioning, you're still here," she pointed on her chest where her heart was located. "Baekhyun, don't worry, I'll help you with this. Even if it will be dangerous for the both of us, I care for Chanyeol. He is my patient and seeing him comatose and sleeping for two years already was enough. Now that he was transferred under our supervision, we will make everything to get him better and I hope you will help me on this. You were his only chance to survive, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun didn't realized he was crying with Sooyoung's words. As soon as he finished drying his husband's fingers, he gently gripped it and started caressing his face. "I will. I will do everything just to make you out of here, Chanyeol. Even if it'll cause harm in my side, even if it'll be risky for us, I'll do it. I'll be the strong foundation of our family this time. I will fight for our family."

And that was the exact time when Sooyoung shed a tear. It was breaking her but at the same time makes her complete as a doctor. Before she became a doctor, she pledged to herself that she will give all her best to cure her future patients even if it'll be risky or harmful for her. That's what doctors are supposed to do right? Make their patients better not worsen their conditions.