Chapter Twenty Three

"Baek, hey. What happened?" Chanyeol knocked consecutively when it's already ten minutes since Baekhyun left him on their table saying that he'll just pee in the comfort room. It worried Chanyeol because it was never Baekhyun's thing to stay inside a public comfort room for too long. Baekhyun told him that it's uncomfortable for him to be trapped in a place wherein he'll be surrounded with strange people.

"Baek? Are you in there?" He called once again and when he didn't got anything as an answer, Chanyeol have decided to wreck the wooden door, forcedfully kicking it but still making sure that it won't hurt his husband inside. He saw there the person he's looking for. He was sitting on the toilet bowl with his hands damp on his face and judging on how his shoulders were going up and down consecutively, Baekhyun is crying.

"Hey, Baek. What's wrong? Why are you crying? Is there something that hurts inside you? Tell me, please? Pinch me as hard as you can ifㅡ" Chanyeol wasn't able to finish his sentence anymore when Baekhyun pulled him for a hug. Then instantly, he felt how brimming tears on his bare neck. "Hey. What's wrong?" He asked again in the most gentle tone of his voice.

"A-are you gonna break up w-with me? B-because y-you're doing weird things right now. T-this is how someone breaks someone special to h-him right? Slowly? C-Chanyeol. . Please. . I can't," he cries and Chanyeol couldn't help but to smile. "I can't afford to lose you once again. Please. If ever I'm being a weirdo, tell me! I'm gonna change myselfㅡ"

Chanyeol separated their bodies and planted his lips on Baekhyun's to shut him up. Baekhyun was chasing for Chanyeol's lips when the giant tore away. Wiping his husband's tear-stained face, Chanyeol started rearranging Baekhyun's ruined hair style. I must've been because of his hard cryings. "Don't ever think of that way, okay? I'm doing this because I'm paying back those years that I failed to be a good husband to you. I'm not doing this because this will be our last day as wedded couples."

"Really?" Baekhyun asked like a kid, hands still gripping on the leather jacket of his husband. Chanyeol nodded, he was quick to wipe the tears that fell from Baekhyun's eyes once again. "I'm sorry for causing trouble today. I just thought. . . Oh my gosh. This is embarrassing," he hid his face on Chanyeol's chest.

"I think it's cute of you," with that, Baekhyun's eyes met Chanyeol's and the dumb smile his husband showed him made something inside Baekhyun thump loudly. "Let's go? Do you want to walk or I'll just carry you like newly weds around?"

"I can walk," when Baekhyun was about to stand up, Chanyeol was quicker by lifting his husband and carrying him like a newly wedded man will do to his wife. "Yeol! Put me down!"

"Don't feel embarrassed of it. I'm proud of being your husband so you must be proud of being my husband, too."

-

-

What happened earlier at the ice cream store gave Chanyeol a small realization. It is the fact that his husband is not yet ready for the reason why did they flew from Canada to Korea. As much as Chanyeol wanted to stop the unsaid feelings of his husband, he just can't simply break him by telling that his own flesh and blood was now an angel. That they were waiting for nothing to return in the future.

-

-

"Hey. . ." Chanyeol called his husband whose back is facing to him. He was busy chopping and at the same time sautéing ingredients for whatever he is making. Waking up early in the morning without Baekhyun beside him is something he fears the most. Weird because he knows a hundred percent that his husband won't leave without prior notice but still scared of being left behind. Albeit that his lost memories weren't still fully recovered, the giant can feel it in his heart that he was like that. That he doesn't want Baekhyun being away from his sightings before. He just know and feel that he loves his midget, his brunet, his vixen that deep. "Why were you up so early? We had a long ride in the plane, you should've been resting, Baek."