Chapter Fourteen

"Is it true?!" Chanyeol barged inside his hospital room after knowing from the nurses lurking around the Butterfly Garden that the certain intern named Hyun already went back after being absent for three days. Chanyeol never asked Dr. Sooyoung as to why his caretaker went missing out of the blue without even noticing him. It's like the said doctor was doing all her best to avoid him during the past few days.

Baekhyun, howbeit, wasn't surprised at all. He was expecting that in no time, Chanyeol will rush himself inside his own room. Even the resident nurses were telling him that the patient inside the said room was always looking for him these days. He only gave a timid smile as an answer. Removing the undone blanket, Baekhyun didn't turned around to see the giant's face. "True what?"

"That you're gonna quit assisting Dr. Sooyoung already and that I'm not gonna see you anymore," it wasn't that hard on Baekhyun's part to feel the sadness on the patient's voice. After all, he is Chanyeol, he is his husband. "Is it true? Why? Am I burdening you that much?"

Baekhyun shook his head. Tidying up the mattress, he finished it with one stroke of his slim fingers and sat on it, facing the pitiful giant standing right after the closed door. "Yes it's true."

"True what?" Chanyeol hissed.

"True that I'm gonna be leaving this hospital already," Baekhyun bluntly said. "Look, I can't finish my internship anymore. I have so many things going around my plate right now and this is just one of those things I needed to give up for theㅡ"

"ㅡis that so?" Chanyeol rebuked. "Fine. Go wherever you wanted to go. Get out of my sight."

Baekhyun bowed his head down, jumping lightly for his feet to reach the ground. Suddenly, he felt tears brimming around his eyes so he continued walking without looking in front of him. It didn't took him quite a few steps when he bumped his forehead on Chanyeol's chest. "Sorry. . ."

But instead of getting angrier towards his caretaker's foreign actions, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun, letting his face crash on his broad chest. When he started stroking his back was the same time when Baekhyun's shoulders started heaving up and a down. A sign that he is crying. "Tell me what's your problem. I'm always here to hear you out."

Baekhyun didn't answered. He just found himself crying harder when he felt again the familiar feeling he has been missing for years now. It was still the same. Being inside Chanyeol's arms was still Baekhyun's favorite place. He feels protected and secured. He knows Chanyeol will never let anyone harm him whenever they're this close. Baekhyun misses this feeling so damn much so he wasn't able to prevent himself from sobbing like a kid while his both hands were tightly gripping the hem of Chanyeol's hospital gown.

"I don't know how. . ." Chanyeol started walking back to the sofa beside his hospital bed with Baekhyun clinging on his neck like a Koala Bear. He didn't made Baekhyun sit on the spot next to him but instead, he made Baekhyun comfortably sit on his lap while the brunet's face was crooked on his neck. "I don't know since when this started but you were suddenly an important person to me. I don't know how but maybe because you made me feel loved and cared. You were there for me when I don't seem like someone who will still open his eyes. You patiently waited for me; you believed on me when everyone seemed to turn their backs on me. Because why? Let's be honest here, being in a comatose state won't give me a big chance of surviving it."

"I haven't been cured that good yet, Hyun. . ." Chanyeol took Baekhyun's left hand and caressed it with his callous hands. "I need you to be beside me. Call me selfish but I don't think I can do this without you by my side," little did Chanyeol know, Baekhyun was already fast asleep on his neck.

-

-

"Stay away from Chanyeol, Baekhyun," Jung Jae Bum stressed. Looking at the bay without pouring the nervous midget behind him a look. "I still have to get back from him. Don't dare try to take him away from me. Or else, you and your friends will be in harm too."