Chapter Eleven

"Where are you going today?" Kyungsoo asked the moment he saw Baekhyun in a rush on wearing a pair of plain white shoes. It was already seven in the morning when the brunet came out of his room, not looking like someone who will be working in a corporation. "And why are you dressed like that? Don't you have work today?"

Baekhyun shook his head and forked a bacon on his mouth. "I'm coming to see him today. Daehyun already filed a leave for me."

Nodding, Kyungsoo pulled a chair for Baekhyun to sit which the midget thanked him for it but didn't sat at all. "What? Won't you eat first before visiting Chanyeol?"

"Nope. I want to eat breakfast with him," with that Kyungsoo didn't protested anymore.

It's been so long since he last saw Baekhyun smiled genuinely like this. The moment he lost his daughter and husband, Baekhyun was constantly drifting off the path he needed to walk on to continue living. Baekhyun was a living dead for the passed two years and Kyungsoo can't hope for anything right now except for Baekhyun's constant happiness because the brunet deserves a break from the problems he's facing.

"Fine. Tell me once Chanyeol opened his eyes, okay?" He pulled Baekhyun for a hug. Seeing Baekhyun this lively once again gives too much energy for their squad. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were their happy pills and without their iridescent and radiant sides? It's dull. "Take care okay? Don't get caught, Baekhyun. We're already a step ahead and we'll do everything to take him back. Just for now, let's settle for this act."

Baekhyun smiled and hugged Kyungsoo back. "Thanks, Kyungsoo. I've had enough of your nagging already."

Kyungsoo felt guilty of that. He knew sometimes, his nagging towards Baekhyun went overboard but he was scared of admitting it. His own way of turning back a nice act for that is to be sweet and caring around Baekhyun. "I'm so sorry for that. I don't know how to control my emotions. I'm just frustratedㅡ"

Baekhyun hushed the shorter one. "ㅡI'm not complaining, okay? Did you ever heard me complain in a serious tone about that attitude of yours?" Kyungsoo stayed in silence. "No, right? Because I know you just care for me that's why you're always lecturing me for the wrong things I'm doing and I'll be always thankful of that, Kyungsoo. Everyone in our squad, I'll be thankful of you guys forever. You don't know how much I love you guys. Sorry if sometimes I failedㅡ"

"ㅡstop okay?" Kyungsoo sniffed on Baekhyun's shirt. "Whatever happened to you, we'll always be at your back to guide you when you went missing in the way you were walking. We are your friend. We're the people who will love youㅡthe imperfect you, the wrong you, the confused youㅡbecause that's what friends are supposed to do."

-

-

"Did you bring clothes?" That was what welcomed Baekhyun the moment he entered Chanyeol's private room.

Earlier this morning, Sooyoung told him to bring extra clothing with him since another protocol was given to them noticing them that person who admitted Chanyeol at Gukil won't be making an appearance to the said hospital for one week due to business related conflict of schedules and Sooyoung was the one requested by that person to look after Chanyeol.

"I did," he said and showed Sooyoung the paper bag he was holding. "Did Chanyeol ate already?"

"Not yet," Sooyoung took the syringe out of her lab gown and gave it to Baekhyun. "Go. Feed your husband."