Chapter Thirteen

"Sehun. . ." Baekhyun called after Sehun shocked them with what he did. With one last sniff on the familiar chest he used to lean on before, Sehun wiped his tear-stained face, pulling himself away from the confused giant. He gave Chanyeol a melancholic smile and thanked him for giving him solace for the meantime.

"Oh. I don't mind it at all," Chanyeol stated. He has this demystifying feeling inside him when Sehun hugged him. It's like a lost feeling that suddenly came back after being unaware of it for years. "If you misses your hyung and you see him with me, it's fine."

"Chanyeol. . ." Baekhyun interposed, feeling anxious of wherever this conversation will bring them. "It's okay. You don't have to do that."

"I insist, Baekhyun," Chanyeol conceded, with scrutiny on his eyes, it never abandoned the closemouthed guy who has his head lowered the moment he freed Chanyeol from his craving hug. "Besides, Sehun's my friend, too. Right, Sehunnie?"

And that made Sehun raise his head. If it's possible for him to look crestfallen then he hopes Chanyeol won't take note of it. Nodding, he hid his fist behind his back and gave Baekhyun an apologetic smile. Earlier, Baekhyun commanded him of being careful whenever Chanyeol's around because they don't want to cause any stress to the giant. Chanyeol's under observation nowadays if his memory loss will be temporary or permanent because to be honestly speaking? The doctors assigned to look after him were having a hard time doing their jobs. Chanyeol's always looking for Baekhyun and it's only Baekhyun can make Chanyeol do the things his doctors wanted him to do.

"Y-yeah," Sehun stuttered. A knock was heard on the door and it was a resident nurse saying that Dr. Sooyoung is now free so Sehun can meet her already. Excusing himself, Chanyeol told him to see him after talking with Dr. Sooyoung to which the younger just nodded in happiness.

"What are you up to, Chanyeol?"

"What are you saying?" Chanyeol asked back. Shrugging, he came back to lying on his bed while Baekhyun remained seated on the long couch on the left corner of his room. "I just wanted to help Sehun."

"And you think acting as his brother will help him?" Baekhyun asked, amused. It's not like he was against the idea of Chanyeol giving solace to Sehun, it's just that he knew that it will be harder for Sehun to pull a stronger façade in front of Chanyeol.

"What? You're now mad at me?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. Being with Baekhyun for a short period of time already made him comfortable to the brunette without further much ado. And if they will end up fighting over some petty reasons, that was something Chanyeol doesn't want to happen. Something inside him tugged when the thought of that scenario bombarded him. "If you'll get mad at me for helping Sehun, then I won't do it anymore. I just thought that it will be a little help because the way he reacted around me made me feel the need of protecting him. But if doing that will make us quarrel, then I'll not do it anymore."

"It's not like that, Chanyeol. We're not gonna fight ifㅡ"

"ㅡdon't you think we're not yet fighting right now?" The frown on Chanyeol's face made Baekhyun furrow his eyebrows. "I surrender already, okay? Let's just not argue anymore."

"Fine," Baekhyun sighed and stood up, readying to leave the giant alone.

"Where are you going?"

"Out for a while," when Baekhyun was about to gather his things, Chanyeol stood up, blocking the door. "What do you think you're doing?"

Chanyeol looked away, avoiding Baekhyun's scrutinizing stares on him. "I-isn't it your job to make sure that your patient falls asleep first before leaving?"

And just like that, Baekhyun folded his arms on his chest, smirking at the giant in front of the door wearing a coy smile flustered on his face. "Then you go sleep now, Chanyeol," he said, more like ordered. "I have to meet someone else by 3 pm and it'll take me one hour before coming back to my house."