Before You Start Your Day

*well you guys voted for the angst so you're going to get that damn angst. I've also when listening to a lot of Counting Crows so I'm in an angsty mood*

"Guys, listen-"
"Now is not the time, Lance! You need to focus more." Allura said, her words ringing in his ears. Lance's lion was down, and there seemed to be about a thousand Galra soldiers coming at him, coming at his team.
"You don't understand-"
"Focus! Can't you take on a couple soldiers?" She said, clearing annoyed. Lance, however, couldn't focus on pleasing her because he was too busy fending off soldier and soldier, armed only with his bayard.
"Lay off him, Allura." Keith said suddenly, surprising Lance a bit.
"He needs to learn how to-"
"Guys-"
"He's doing what he's supposed to do Allura."
"I don't need this right now Keith."
"Guys, they're coming right towards you-" Lance was suddenly cut of by being punch in the face. Stumbling back and sliding down a metal wall in side the Galra base, a tall shadow looming over him. He tasted a copper liquid his his mouth, realizing a tooth had been knocked out.
"Seriously Lance? I thought you were stronger than that." Allura hissed.
"Allura." Shiro said in his "leader voice."
"Alright, alright. Are you okay Lance?" Allura said, sweeter.
"N-no, there's, like, a thousand soldiers, I-" Lance was suddenly cut off when the shadow, a Galra, picked him up and threw him back against the wall. He let out a small grunt and slide down the wall again. His head ached, and his helmet had been cracked. He felt blood trickle down his neck.
"Lance? Are you alright?" The voice was Hunk's. The Galra threw his own helmet off, and took Lance's off of him.
"Your blue paladin, he's so small compared to me. I see that now." The Galra soldier growled into the helmet.
"What did you do to him?" Keith asked frantically. The Galra laughed grimly.
"Nothing. Yet." He picked Lance up and threw him into the wall once more. He continued to do that, all the while the faint sound of his teammates wondering what was happening could be heard through the helmet, which had some how ended up against the wall. Lance endured it, painfully, until a sudden idea popped into his head.
"What...if you...killed me? W-What would...happen?" He asked groggily, noticing his obvious concussion.
"We would retreat most likely, wouldn't want to endure the wrath the other paladins would have. But don't worry, you won't die. Not quite yet." He grinned about Lance, who's head hurt more than anyone could possibly know.  A gleam hit Lance's eye, the shine of the Galra knife the soldiers had. Going as fast as his throbbing head would let him, he grabbed the knife from the belt, and held it in front so the soldier had to back off. "You can't kill me paladin. I'm stronger."
"N-No, I c-can't," Lance slowly put his helmet back on, only to hear the screams of the others wondering what had happened. "But I can kill m-me." Holding the knife close to his stomach, he whispered into the helmet. "Guys, don't worry, I can handle this." His voice was raspy, more than he intended, which made the other even more worried.
"Lance, what...what do you mean you can kill yourself?" It was Pidge.
"Lance, don't do anything stupid." Then Keith.
"We have your location, don't move." Allura.
"Don't w-worry. I least I d-die doing something r-right...for once."
Lance stabbed himself.
His head went all fuzzy once he took out the knife. He heard some familiar voices from one side of the room, than the Galra soldier yelling something about retreating. He felt his body slump over to the cold ground, then someone moving his head into their lap. Someone removed his helmet, and Lance saw a blur of red in front of him. Keith.
"Hey, Lance! Look at me, okay?" Keith's voice was muffled.
"Mmm...can't really see...anything..." Lance mumbled. Keith shook him a bit, but his sent a jolting pain up his spine to the back of his head. "No-concussion..."
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just stay awake." Keith tried to keep the panic out of his voice. Lance was suddenly quite confused as to what was happening.
"Am I...am I dying?" Lance asked dizzily.
"No, no you're not going to die." But Lance felt so tired.
"S-sorry...so tired..." Keith was warm, and he just wanted to sleep so the pain was gone.
"No. No, stay awake." Lance sensed more people around him, but he couldn't see there faces. He felt Keith put his arm underneath his head, and suddenly he was a lot closer to Keith than he thought. He coughed once, a wet, hacking cough. Blood dribbled down his chin.
"Sorry...K-Keith..."
And then Lance went as pale as his tan skin would allow. His arms fell to his side, and his eyelids closed lazily.

The blue paladin was no more.