Empty Chairs At Empty Tables

*technically, this is Shiro ansgt, but like, it's still the good shit. Also I really love les mis and this version is heartbreaking, seriously read this with the music*

It's seemed almost funny that Shiro survived out of everyone. Of course, Coran was still there, and the thought almost comforted Shiro, but he was grieving too. He could still remember every detail. As the two sat at either end of the very empty table, his mind wondered to that night.

Hunk went first. One of Lotor's general used the ion canon, it went right threw the lion's head, ending Hunk's life. Lance wouldn't stop screaming at Lotor, sobbing all the while. The female Galra was only supposed to graze him.
How could you kill him?!? Lance.
He was just a kid! Keith this time.

Shiro clenched his jaw, not wanting to cry.

It was Pidge next. The youngest. Just wanted to find her brother. And now she's dead. She had trained in the castle using hand-to-hand combat, but Galra were big. And they had big guns. That's what ended her.
Shiro almost got himself killed when he tried to get her. She was dead before she hit the ground. That's when everyone stopped. Even the Galra. Lotor almost looked guilty. Still, he used a harsh voice.
"How old-"
"Fifteen. She was fifteen, damnit." Shiro was starting to lose it.
"Not everyone lives when war occurs."
"Shut up." Keith's voice was horse and broken.

Shiro's vision was blinded by tears.

Allura was shocked by Haggar.
She screamed, and then she was dead. The only thought on Shiro's mind was that she couldn't be dead. Not the strong willed and courageous girl that outlived her entire race. Coran was screaming "no" over and over again before he started crying. Keith and Lance were stranding back to back, but Lance was bawling and Keith could hardly think straight.

Shiro sniffled and closed his eyes. It caught Coran's attention.

Lance and Keith died holding hands. Lance had got shot in the first place, and Keith got shot trying to save Lance. They were hiding behind a pillar when Shiro found them. Lance was already dead and Keith was slowly bleeding out as he held onto Lance.
"S-Shiro...go." We're Keith's last words.
Shiro and Coran retreated with the lions.

"My boy," Coran's voice was equally as painful, but he was making an effort. "Are you alright?"
It took Shiro a minute to realize how much he was crying.

"No. And I never will be."