Good Kid

*ahHH I love the pjo/hoo books so like enjoy?? this musical is very good 10/10 would recommend you listen to
just like warning you
lance isn't going to have a great time in this fic
I know I know I HURT HIM A LOT AND HONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE READ THIS THING BUT YOU DO AND I DONT DESERVE IT*

Lance had tried to be a good kid.
He tried to be quiet and he tried to obey.
He tried to be what they wanted.
At the Garrison, he did everything his teachers asked. He obeyed, but he somehow always managed to get in trouble. He always stuck up for the little freshmen. I mean, he was once them, and he knew what it was like.
That always ended up with detention.
Hunk was a good friend.
He would wait up for Lance to get out of detention. He would always have some kind of snack waiting. He would help him with homework.

It was nice, having someone like that.

But then they found that lion.

Sure, it was cool, but it wasn't what he wanted.

And then their was Keith.

Keith was what Lance would consider beautiful.
But Keith would, no, Keith could never feel the same.
So he made up a rivalry.

And then Hunk started bonding with Pidge.
But could he blame him? Pidge was a lot smarter, a lot more like Hunk.
And it wasn't like Hunk just ignored him, it was just...a bit different.

So Lance really did try.
Head down, chin up.
That's what his mother would say.
He tried so hard to make her proud.

But it was always Lance's fault.

Shiro always scolded him. I mean, the guy was stressed, someone had to be the one he took it out on.
Allura was good to him. But she was also trying to save the universe, she didn't always need cheering up.
Keith didn't really like him, or so he thought, but he had good times with him.
Pidge was like his little sister, but she already had a brother, and he can't replace Matt.
And Hunk, well, Hunk would be his friend until the end, but it wouldn't be easy.

So he had to make it right.
_______________________________
I never try to do anything
I never mean to hurt anyone
I swear, I swear that I'm a good kid
A good kid
A good son
_______________________________

"Lance! Where are you? Are you okay?" It was Pidge. Her voice rang through his helmet. He groaned a bit, trying to be a bit more aware of his surroundings.
He was on the ground.
One of the generals, the lizard-looking one.
She was fighting him.
His team...

He was keeping watch.

"I'm...good," He mumbled. He got up slowly, to see now that there were four of them.
How was he going to take on all of Lotor's generals?
He needed to keep his team safe.
"You all make sure you get out of here, okay?" He said, almost a whisper.
"What? Lance?" It was Keith, and he sounded genuinely scared. Maybe he really didn't hate him. That made Lance smile.
"I'll be fine. Just get those prisoners out."
He activated his bayard.

_______________________________
He didn't really have time to react before he felt something sharp impale his stomach.
Lotor.
The sword stuck out for just long enough that Lance could see the blood coating it. He yelled out, and his fellow teammates arrived just in time for Lotor to take him sword back out.
"Aww, puny little blue paladin. I would usually fight you all, but it seems I've caused enough damage." With that, Lotor snapped his fingers and his generals followed him out.
"Lance!" Hunk yelled. Suddenly both Keith and Hunk were at his side.
"What happened?" Keith said, almost like he was...desperate.
"I needed...to buy you time..." Lance groaned as Hunk picked him up.
"We need to get out of here!" Pidge cried. Keith nodded.
"It's gonna be okay." He said, but no one was sure who he said it to exactly. Lance could feel a warm sensation take over his body, like water.
"I'm a good kid..."

*DONT WORRY HE AINT DEAD
YET
YOU GUYS CAN MAKE UP AN ENDING
or there might be a part two idk*