Warriors

*so I actually had another prepared but I've been watching Merlin and there's this one episode where Merlin drinks poison to save Arthur and I was like "that's a prompt" so basically it's that episode just with Voltron. Tell me in the comments if you want a part two??*

"Keith, wait!" Lance rushed into the dining area where the rest of the paladins had been dining with the King of the planet they had been making a pact with.
"Lance! How dare you interrupt the King! Where have you been?" Allura asked from beside Keith.
"It's not important. Keith you can't drink from that goblet." Keith was holding a gold goblet an inch from his face, ready to drink it. The rest of the paladins shot Lance looks of "shut-up-or-you'll-get-killed." The crowd murmured.
"And why is that?" Allura asked, clearly furious at Lance.
"It's...it's poisoned." The guest gasped and Keith was absolutely red.
"What proof do you have?" The King asked suddenly. Lance pondered on the question. He had only heard voices saying it was poisoned, and he can't just say that without physical proof.
"I have no physical proof." Lance said finally. Multiple groans were heard from the rest of the paladins.
"Lance...apologize! We need this alliance." Shiro said in a loud whisper.
Keith stood up and grabbed his arm.
"Seriously, sit down and apologize." Keith whispered. Lance pulled himself out of Keith's grip.
"No, listen, I'm telling the truth."
"With no proof? Execute him." Guards came at Lance in all different directions.
"Wait! I can prove it." The guards backed off slightly.
"How?" The King asked.
"I'll...I'll drink it." Lance stammered.
The King pondered on the offer.
"Princess Allura? Is this fair?" The King asked. Allura look around hesitating.
"Yes. If he's wrong, he's all yours."
"Allura, he's only a boy." Coran piped up.
"It's alright Coran." Lance shot Coran a sad grin. "Give me the cup Keith."
"What? This is ridiculous." But Lance took the goblet anyway. "I should just do this."
"No Keith. I've got this." Slowly, Lance brought the goblet to his lips, he gulped it a bit, and smacked his lips. When nothing happened for the first couple seconds, the rest of the paladins groaned again.
"Nice job, Lance." Pidge whispered.
"Oh, well, do what you want with him." But just as Allura said it, Lance made a strange gurgling noise from the back of his throat. His hands went to throat, and the noise continued. He made a strangling noise and then fell to the ground, the goblet rolling out of his hand. Keith was over Lance in seconds, who shook him a bit. Coran was suddenly there as well. Lance's face was scrunched up in pain and he kept making small grunts and coughs.
"Lance? Can you hear me?" Coran asked, trying very hard to be calm. One Lance gave him no answer, Coran sighed roughly. "We have to get him to the ship, the pods can't save him now." Keith nodded as the rest of the paladins and also Allura guarded them as Keith picked up Lance over his shoulder and Coran picked up the goblet.

Once on the ship, Allura immediately wormhole-d away, that way they would avoid conflict with the planets inhabitants.
They all ran into the infirmary, and Hunk and Shiro pulled out what seemed to be some sort of hospital cot.
"Quick, lay him down, he's struggling to breathe." Coran said as Keith laid Lance down carefully on the cot. Coran threw Pidge a cloth and Hunk handed her a bucket of water.
"Is he going to be alright?" Keith asked, a bit scared.
"Oh, you can cure him, right Coran?" Allura asked.
"I don't know yet. I'll need to see what he was poisoned with. Hand me the goblet Shiro." Shiro handed the golden goblet to Coran and he peered inside. "Oh my...there's something stuck at the bottom..."
"What is it?" Hunk asked, looking sympathetically at Lance.
"Some sort of flower petal..." Coran studied it for a moment.
"Guys...he's on fire."
"Keep the cloth on him. He'll stay cool and it'll control the fever." Lance continued to make small grunts and gurgles. Keith took over Pidge's job and dabbed the damp cloth over Lance's burning forehead. It seemed as if Lance could feel someone by, so his arm flailed a bit and Keith ended up holding his hand, which calmed Lance down a bit. Still, the Cuban boy's entire body seemed to be burning up.
"We need to get his armor off. He's too hot." The paladins nodded and Shiro and Keith carefully removed his hot sweaty armor to reveal the standard white suit underneath the suits. Lance seemed a smidge more comfortable, but his face still looked in pain.
"Aha! I know this poison!" Coran cried out suddenly.
"You do?" Allura asked.
"Yes. It's from the Railbark flower. Highly poisonous, but common. We can make an antidote with the leaves of the plant, but I fear..." Coran trailed off.
"Fear what?" Keith asked, still holding Lance's hand. Coran sighed.
"I fear that we won't make it in time. The poison creates a slow and painful death, and he'll die within four or five Earth days if we don't get it to him in time." Coran strode over the Lance and put his hand against Lance's flushed cheek. Lance moaned a bit.
"Keith..." Lance said weakly.
"I'm right here Lance." Keith said, pretending not to notice everyone's obvious staring. "We have to try Coran."
"Keith is right. Allura and I will stay here and tend to Lance, the rest of you will go to the nearest green planet and look for the Railbark." Coran re-wet the cloth and continued to dabbed Lance's incredibly warm forehead. Keith was hesitant to let go, but nodded.
"Don't worry Lance, we're going save you."

*I actually really like this story, so seriously, tell me if you want a part two*