Falling Slowly {2}

"I've called off the soldiers Emperor Zarkon wanted to send, it's just you, me, and my lovely druids here." Under her hood,  Keith could tell she was grinning. The two druids circled around Keith and Lance, who activated their bayards and stood back-to-back.
"Gotta plan, perchance?" Lance asked, his voice tight. The druids had started created a purple lightning in their hands. Keith looked around the room, which was large considering it only had the one computer.
"Besides running? Uh, no. You?" Keith held up his shield, bracing himself. He heard Lance huff, feeling his head move in different directions. The lightning in their hands were growing larger, almost ready to blast them.
"Maybe..." Lance then gasped a little bit, as the lightning grew more. "Move a bit farther this way, towards her," He whispered. "When I say 'now', duck and run." Keith tried to map out Lance's plan in his own head, but before he could entirely, Lance yelped: "Now!"
Keith ducked and ran to the right, Lance to the left. The two balls energy met, and the power was so great the entire room shook and the druids flew backward. Keith could see Lance crash into the witch while Keith hit the wall. He groggily stood up to see more soldiers entire the room while Lance struggled to get out from under her grasp. Keith could see a silver object in her hand, but it disappeared. Lance turned the two of them around, her hood coming off. On auto pilot, Keith started fighting off Galra robots one after the other, trying to reach Lance. One smacked him with their gun, which hurt, but he was so hyped up on adrenaline he hardly remembered it after. His sight of Lance was lost, but he managed to hear a small cry from one of the two. He prayed it wasn't Lance. After the robots were gone he ran to Lance, who was still on the ground, pinned underneath the witch.
"C'mon!" Keith kicked the witch over before grabbing Lance by the collar. He pulled Lance along, who's breathing seemed more labored. He grabbed Lance's hand and ran a bit faster. They ran until Keith thought he might throw up, and they practically threw themselves into the pod. Keith set a course to the castle and put it on auto pilot. Galra forces shot at them, but they eventually lost them. Keith let out the breath he didn't know he was holding, and he remembered with a throbbing pain in his head the Galra who hit him in the head with the butt of his gun.
"Keith." Lance said behind him. His voice sounded small and weak, so Keith immediately turned around. In front of him was Lance, blood coating his fingers. When Lance moved his fingers, he saw the rest of the blood pouring from his right side. Lance yelped and started falling backwards, but Keith caught him before he hit the floor.
"No, no, no, Lance! Look at me! What happened?" Keith asked frantically, trying to support Lance's head and ignore the headache that was growing more painful. Blood coated Lance's teeth when he opened his mouth.
"She stabbed me...something about Altea..." Lance's head drooped back a bit and Keith tried his best to keep him upright.
"Hey, Hey! You don't get to die on me, okay? You came out here to protect me! Why didn't you say anything?"
"Didn't feel it 'till...now." Lance gagged a bit on the blood, and Keith pulled him closer. Lance started closing his eyes.
"Don't! Don't close them! Please, we're almost...home." Keith could feel his body shutting down, probably from the concussion he most likely got.
"I'm sorry....thanks for kissing...me."
Lance closed his eyes.
"No, no, no, no, no. Wake up! C'mon, please wake up! Lance...Lance..." Lance was still breathing, but it was unbearably slow and quiet. Keith felt himself gripping Lance, then suddenly loosening. He felt a sudden wave on darkness pass over his eyes, he slumped onto Lance, his own hand rest onto of Lance's bloodied one.

Maybe it was a dream,

Maybe just what he wanted to happen,

But he could have sworn, that before he blacked out,

Lance's hand gripped his own.