Why Don't You Love Me?

Knock, Knock, Knock
Lance had realized his constant state wasn't just fear, but anxiety. To him, there was difference.

Fear was being afraid to die.

Anxiety was being afraid of living.

His team, his family, was outside that door, but not for the sake of his comfort or well-being, but to shame him.

So maybe not his family.

No, his family was on Earth, on the beach.

His family is missing him.

His brothers are packing up his room, stopping to stare at every item with a mix of a bittersweet memory and sadness.

His sisters are listening to his favorite songs and reading his journals, hoping to find out more about their little brother.

His grandparents are hopeful to live long enough to see their little Lance come home to them.

His little nieces and nephews are going to have only few memories of Uncle Lance, and grow up hearing stories of his childhood.

His father will regret every day he worked later than he had to, regret not being there more for his son.

And his mother will wait. She won't give up on her boy. She's knows he'll come back...
Won't he?

Who knows?

So why don't you love me?

What had he truly done wrong?
Why won't they give him the answer he needs?

All he hears nowadays is
"Shut up Lance."
"We're in the middle of something important."
"We don't need this right now."

Or do you not need him anymore?

"Lance, open up. We need to talk."
It was Shiro. But he could hear other voices, everyone's voices.

They need to talk?

They need to talk?

Lance had enough.

His door hissed open, and he could tell everyone was staring at him. But he wasn't look at their faces.

"We need to talk? Fine, we'll talk," They back up a bit at the tone of Lance's voice. "I'm sick of this. I'm so stressed. Everyday, I try to make you guys feel better, but you know what? I'm done making you feel better while I'm suffering." He pushed past everyone, hearing his heartbeat in his ears.
"What do you-"
"I thought we were a family. So why am I cast aside? That's not a family,"

"I'm done, okay? I'll be what you want, the quiet soldier. But I have to ask, one last time,"

"Why don't you love me?"

*HELLO LOVELIES
10k READS!!!!!
AHh
Anyway, along with this book, I'm writing a new book. It'll be set about five or so years after Voltron saves the universe from the Galra. DEFINITELY KLANCE.
It'll be cute, most definitely.
Keith and Lance adopt a kid
It's adorable
But then they have to go back with Allura when a new war starts
And the angst ensues
It's called "The Kids Aren't Alright" and the first character will be out tonight*