A Little Fall Of Rain

*LES MISERABLES IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE MUSICAL OF ALL TIME AND SO YEAH ENJOY SOME TEARS BECAUSE THIS VERSION OF THE SONG IN PARTICULAR MAKES ME CRY EVERY TIME*

Lance had liked the planet the were on.
The planet was small, but filled with dozens of tiny beaches and rainforests. Best of all, it had rain.
Lance had missed rain probably just as much as he had missed his family.
Rain was beautiful. The smell it gave after it was gone was nothing short of bliss. The wetness from it gave his skin a glisten, and he never minded the cool feelings.
Rain was pure.
And rain was what he saw last.

They were inside a small building, visiting with the Queen of the village. The building was made of giant stones and trees, and could even rain inside. Lance was in heaven. The village people had human like features, but wings like a bird. They were truly beautiful people.

It was in a blink of an eyes that the Galra showed up. They busted down the building opening, and the villagers flew away hurriedly.
It was Voltron they wanted.
Fleets of purple soldiers ran thought the halls, and they were hard to get away from.
How could they try and destroy such a beautiful place?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Keith, looked out!" Pidge shouted. Keith's head whipped around to see a large soldier move in front of him. "Keith!"
A large rock was teetering, and if it fell, it was going to split up the team.
Lance saw both things, and now he only had two options.
Leave Keith to help the rest of his team,
Or save Keith.
Which one do you think he chose?
As the rock crashed, Lance jumped towards the soldier. He heard Keith say something about how stupid he was, but he didn't care. He landed on his feet, but the Galra did not. They were at a stand off.
From the ground, the Galra aimed at Keith from the ground, who realized any move he'd make would get him killed, and Lance aimed at the Galra.
"Shoot me, and he dies." He snarled. Lance knew what he had to do. He ran in front
of Keith, shooting the Galra square in the chest.
Yet he hadn't accounted what would happen if the soldier shot.
A searing pain flew through his chest, and he felt a cry build up from his lungs and up his throat. His balance was thrown off, and he felt himself fall backwards. He felt Keith grab under his arms, and dragged him back quickly so that Keith could support Lance against the rock.
"Oh Lance...what have you done?" Keith asked in a low voice. Lance opened his mouth to respond, but suddenly the rain started falling from the ceiling, the trees starting to cave in with the wet. The raindrops fell on Lance's chest.
It wasn't blood.
No, it was just rain.
The rain would never hurt him.
"D-don't you w-worry, K-Keith," He choked out, blood coating his mouth. Keith put Lance's hand under his own and started putting pressure on the gaping hole in Lance's armor. But Lance didn't feel the blood, he didn't feel the pain.
It...it was just rain,
Right?
"I don't...f-feel any pain," He looked up to see Keith's face, a breath away from his own. Rain dropped off of Keith's face onto his own...or were those tears?
Why would Keith cry?
He was fine.
It was just rain.
"A little fall of rain can hardly hurt me now," The raindrops danced onto Lance's eye lids. He smiled a grim smile. Keith's violent eyes were bloodshot as he gripped Lance tightly.
"You're here, that's all I need to know."
"I'm here, but please, please don't go." Keith pleaded. Lance pulled himself closer to Keith.
"You will keep me close. And rain..." He felt the rain grow heavier, clouding his vision. The rain thump against his chest, washing away the red.
"L-Lance, please." Keith's voice cracked. Lance opened his eyes as much as he could, feeling his hand move up to grip Keith's shoulder.
"Rain...will make the flower g-grow," Lance managed to gasp out. Keith bit his lip and pulled Lance into his chest. "It's okay...I'm okay...you're here."
"I'm here, Lance, I'm here." Keith's entire body shook. He loosened his grip on Keith so he could feel the rain on his face one more time.
"That's all...I n-need to know. And you will keep me safe...and rain will make the flowers..."
The rain sealed his eyes shut.
Keith let out a broken cry, grasping Lance tightly.
Lance had said he would keep him safe, and he fail, oh, so, so much.
Lance had always talked so fondly of the rain, but he knew now he could never look a rain again without thinking of Lance's finale words.
Rain will make the flowers...
"Grow."