Chapter Eleven

Zendaya...

I hold onto Maria as I watch the mechanic observe my car. He pulls out a weird looking object from inside the hood and inspects it.
"What is that?" I ask and he furrows his thick brows.
"This ain't yours?" He asks and I slowly shake my head. "This is a tracking device." He says and my heart sinks. With wide eyes I snatch it from him and throw it. "Well then..." He mumbles to himself and I push Maria towards the car.
"Get in we're leaving." I say to her and she nods before getting in the car. "Victor!" I call out and he looks at me from the ice cream stand across the street.
"Yeah momma?" He asks and I motion him over by my finger.
"You um... gonna pay me?" He asks and I feel my pockets for my wallet. I pull out a few twenties and shove them in his hand. With his brows raised he watches as I hurry to get in the car.
"What's going on mom?" Victor asks as I start up the car.
"Your father." I say and he frowns as I pull out of the hotels parking lot. "Where does Royalty stay?" I ask and he shrugs.
"Hold on she sent me her address the other day." He says and I nod as he pulls out his phone and begins to scroll through it. He gives me her address and I tell him to GPS it. "You gonna tell me what dad did now?" He asks as he pulls his hair into a man bun on top of his head.
"He had a tracker thingy on the car." I say as I switch lanes.
"Tracker thingy?" He asks with his brows furrowed.
"Yes Victor a tracker thingy. I don't know exactly what the thing is called." I say and he chuckles making me shoot him a glare. "Ain't nothing funny boy." I scowl and he quickly straightens his face.

"Take this left." Victor says as we drive along. I do as told and we ride down a quiet street. He points out a house and I pull up into the driveway.
"You two are gonna come I while I ask if you can stay here." I say and Victor furrows his brows at me.
"What? Where you going?" He asks and I roll my eyes in annoyance at him.
"You're just like your father, always questioning me. It doesn't matter Victor. I'm pretty sure your sister doesn't want her mother living with her and her boyfriend." I say and he sighs roughly.
"C'mon Maria." He calls out to his younger sister and we all step from the car. I lock it up and make my way towards the small house.
"Knock." I say as I nudge Victors shoulder. He kisses his teeth and knocks on the door.
"Coming!" I can hear Jessie say and I cross my arms over my chest as I wait. The door pulls open and he reveals himself. "Hi mom." He smiles at me and I let out a small giggle.
"Hello Jessie, I need to speak with you and Ro." I say and he nods before stepping to the side. He lets us in and we all step out of our shoes.

"Hi mommy!" Royalty smiles as she comes down the stairs. I smile at her and embrace her into a hug when she's close enough.
"Hi baby... how've you been?" I ask when I pull away from her.
"Good... comfortable." She says and I nod.
"Do you mind if your brother and sister stay here for a few days? I have to find somewhere else to stay, somewhere far." I say and she nods.
"Of course, that's alright, right Jess?" She asks looking behind me. I look also to see Jessie shoving a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.
"Hm, what? Oh yeah babe that's fine." He says as he nods his head. She laughs lightly at him and unwraps the towel that was around her hair.
"Where are you gonna go mom?" She asks.
"I'm gonna stay at a hotel as I'm looking around." I reply and she nods before giving me another hug.
"Be safe..." She whispers to me and I squeeze her.
"I will baby... call me later..." I say to her and she nods.
"Victor come get your things from the car." I say and he follows behind me back out of the house.
...

Ryan...

"Rose stop being like that..." I mumble as I walk toward her.

 "I have nothing to say to you

"I have nothing to say to you." She rolls her eyes and I clench my jaw.
"You're still mad about her? We ain't even together anymore." I chuckle bitterly and she glares at me.
"You aren't together because she found out about me and I found out about her!" She yells and I stare down at her. "You're a piece of shit Ryan! It's good that she got away from you!" She says and I roughly pull her up by her arm. "Let me go!" She shouts and I growl.
"Stop your shit! I let her leave!" I yell back and now it's her turn to laugh at me.
"Bullshit! You're a controlling and obsessive asshole! You didn't let her go anywhere! She got away!" She yells and tries to yank herself from my grip.
"Shut the fuck up Rose or I'm gonna fucking hurt you." I grit and she shakes her head.
"You're going to risk your child's life because your upset?! It wouldn't be the firs time for you now would it?" She replies smartly and by now I'm fuming with anger.

I grip her throat and force her down onto the couch. She lets out a squeal and claws at my arm.
"I told you to shut the fuck up!" I yell and her eyes widen when I let my other hand wrap around her neck also. My thumbs press down hard on her throat and her face begins to redden. She tries to choke out words but only whimpers come from her. I hold a stern glare on my face as her nails dig into my flesh. Her eyes begin to roll back and her grip loosens on me. When she's close to drawing her last breath I let her go and stand up. "Get up and her yourself dressed. I got places to be and I don't need you making me late." I grit at her and she struggles to catch her breath. I grab her arm and force her up and she tries to yank away from me. "You ain't just learn your lesson?" I say smartly and she lets tears stream down her face as she stares back at me.
"Fuck you Ryan." She croaks and I laugh.
"Go upstairs and get dresses, and hurry up." I grumble before pushing her away from me. She wipes her face and I watch as she stumbles up the stairs.
_________________________

Book cover made by: zendayatbh 😌