Chapter 4

The Kingdom of Hell
Azazel's POV

"M-Maybe... Maybe we should open the curtains?"

Micah looked up at me, his face nervous. I shrugged, pointing at the demons that flew around above us. They immediately set to work, the curtains opening one by one, red light flooding the entrance hall. "Does that look okay?"

Once more, I shrugged. "My Queen, Lord Lucifer out you in charge of the 'welcoming committee.' Whatever you want is what we want."

Micah nodded, looking back at the entrance with a smile. "I like it."

Though I wouldn't admit it, so did I. It was much less gloomy after he had us clean, draw the curtains, and had us remove those horrid statues Lucifer liked so much. Honestly, his taste was worse than mine.

With a curt nod from me, the demons dispersed, leaving us alone in the hall. Micah looked happy, his face glowing as he inspected the room. I smiled behind him, watching the small boy. It cheered me up, seeing Micah happy. After becoming queen, he was like a mother to all demons. All of them loved watching him smile, and treated him as family. Though, none of us were willing to say it out loud.

Coughing, I snapped Micah out of his daze. He turned to me, allowing me to lead him out of the hall. "Do you know the name of the angel that's coming to represent Heaven?"

I shook my head. "The only angel I know of is Airick, and we already confirmed that it's not him. Though, it would make things easier if it was."

Micah looked down. "What if they don't like it here?"

"Micah, no angel likes it here. Even Airick only tolerates it because Seth likes to visit you." I felt bad saying it as his expression dropped, but it was true. No angel in their right mind would like a place like Hell. For them it was like... Well, Hell. That's why God chooses the representative; he doesn't exactly have a line of volunteers.

I sent Micah off to his room with the promise to alert him when the angel arrives. Typically, the angels were punctual, arriving exactly at the specified time. That made it easier to prepare for them.

Since angels are pure beings, that can't enter Hell by themselves, we have a special gateway that allows them to get to Hell and arrive right at the gates, in front of Cerberus. Of course, the gate doesn't open unless someone on both sides - in this case Lord Lucifer and an angel or God - opens it at the same time.

Sighing, I left Micah's doorway, heading back to the gardens though the special door next to his room. Lucifer had them specially made for his and Micah's one year anniversary last year. The gardens were made up of human plants made to survive the climates, as well as demon plants that were gifts from the demons of Hell. It was one of my favorite places to think.

Before I could do much thinking, I heard Cerberus's low whine - a whine only demons could hear. I rushed back through the door, turning to Micah's room and knocking. He peeked his head out, looking up at me. "My Queen, our guest has arrived."