Chapter 5

The Kingdom of Hell
Raziel's POV

The king of Hell sat across from me, his small queen buried in his clothes as Lucifer held him close. The tense silence was deafening, and I shifted in my seat at Lucifer's gaze. His black eyes seemed to turn red as he watched me.

Micah coughed, noticing the tension. "It seems Grim is running late?"

Lucifer nodded. "Yeah, but he's always late."

Micah nodded and got up from Lucifer's lap. "I better go." He placed a small kiss on Lucifer's cheek and ran away before Lucifer could pull him back. I blushed at the action, and Lucifer took notice.

"What? Never seen a kiss before?"

I shook my head. "No... I-"

"Ah, the angel's shy, is he?" Lucifer's voice had a hint of amusement in it. "How does your lover feel about that? You being so shy about affection."

I looked down. "I don't... Have a lover."

"Hmm?" Lucifer watched me carefully. "Really? Surely you have at least one person you're interested in."

I had no idea how I happened to get into this sort of conversation with the king of Hell. I mean, it's not like he would ever know the person I'm talking about. After all, there's no way he ended up as a demon, or ended up as a punished soul. Yet, I still wanted to ask, to know if he knew anyone with any sort of similarity. "His name is-"

"Hey guys!! Wait long?" A cheery voice cut me off and I shrunk back, biting my lip.

Grim smiled, his empty eye sockets wide as if in amusement. Lucifer scowled. "You always have a way of showing up at the worst of times."

Grim looked between us, one socket shrinking down as the other went up, mimicking an intrigued expression. His dark hair was the only thing about him that was remotely human. The skull he used as a face was always changing, and he was always walking around in his usual dark cloak and hood. He leaned against his scythe, the blade of the weapon gleaming black.

"Anywho," Grim grinned. "I brought the soul."

He pulled out a small, blue glowing orb, a whisp of what looked like smoke endlessly swaying at the top. It wasn't as though it was my first time seeing a human soul, but it was my first time seeing one of such neutral belief.

Lucifer stared at it and scowled again. "Yep. We're gonna be here forever." He looked at me and then turned to Grim. "Hey, if God gets a representative, does that mean I can skip out too?"

Grim looked at him and shrugged. "I mean, why not? God skips out. I don't see why you can't."

I huffed. "God did not skip out! He just-"

""Never leaves Heaven where he can look upon his children without getting tainted."" Grim and Lucifer said, in monotone unison.

Lucifer got up, stretching out. "Okay then, I'm going to leave. My 'demon representative' should be here soon. Later."

Grim and I watched him go before silence fell over us. Grim sighed. "Too bad I don't have a reaper representative. I'm the only reaper in existence." He shrugged and his happy mood returned. "Oh well."

Before anything else could be said, there was a knock at the door. Grim opened it and grinned, stepping back. The demon walked in, his back stiff and his face expressionless. He sat down where Lucifer had and gave a small bow. "Hello, my name is Azazel."