Epilogue

Author's POV

Azazel stared at the ceiling, hating his life as Raziel wrapped an arm around his waist in his sleep. After hanging out in Hell for a few more days, Raziel decided to go back to Heaven, but insisted his lover go with him. Azazel had been aprehensive at first, but was eventually worn down by Raziel and Lucifer (Lucifer threatend to sing if Azazel didn't go.) As soon as they arrived, he regretted it immensly. The heavenly light burned his eyes, and the looks the angels gave him didn't help. They didn't say or do anything rude, but Azazel knew they wanted to. 

Sighing, Azazel pried Raziel's arm off of him, slipping out of the bed and out of the room. He put on the sunglasses Raziel had given him, looking out the window. The light of God still shone, but to the angels, it was nighttime. Almost no one was out, and those that were outside were on their way home. Azazel sighed again. He never thought he'd find himself in Heaven ever, since he was a demon. But, here he was. 

"Azazel?" 

Azazel jumped, turning to look at Raziel, who yawned as he walked over to his lover. "What are you doing?" Raziel leaned against Azazel, nuzzling his face into the crook of Azazel's neck. "Why'd you leave the bed?"

"I don't sleep, remember?"

"But you could have stayed with me." Raziel whined, looking up at Azazel.

"I know, but... It's a little uncomfortable to be here."

Raziel pulled away. "You don't like it?"

Azazel shook his head. Raziel scratched the back of his neck. "Well, just wait until tomorrow. I've got a surprise."

Giving his lover a quick kiss, Raziel went back to bed. Azazel joined him a few moments later, but spent the rest of the night wondering what the surprise could be.

---

"Surprise!" Raziel held out his hands when they'd arrived at God's pavilion. 

Azazel squinted, the light burning even with his sunglasses. "Okay, you've blinded me... Now what?"

That was when he turned, noticing Seth and Airick standing off to the side. Airick waved. "I'm here to translate," he said.

"And I'm here as a witness." Seth waved, grinning. 

"A witness... For what?"

"For my gift!" Raziel looked more excited now than Azazel had ever seen him.

"Yes, my child, Raziel has asked me to prepare a gift for you, and I saw no reason to refuse. After all, I feel my behavior towards your relationship was... Unacceptable." Airick spoke, his voice gentle but firm. 

Azazel nodded, assuming God was now using Airick to talk. But... Was that supposed to be an apology? Azazel almost snorted, but thought better of it. He turned to Raziel. "Okay, you've got me... What is it?"

"Well," Raziel blushed. "I know how you said you missed dreaming, so I asked God to give you the ability to sleep again, so we could sleep together, and you wouldn't feel so lonely at night while you waited for me to sleep."

Azazel froze. "But, can he do that?"

"It is not so hard to purify someone," Airick spoke up.

"So? Do you want to?"

Azazel bit his lip. "I don't know. I have jobs to attend in Hell at night, and-"

"We can work around it." Raziel said. "Just get someone else to do the jobs."

It was a tempting offer. Ever since he lost it, Azazel had imagined what it would be like to dream again. This was a wish come true. He sighed. "Fine. Why not?"

Raziel grinned and nodded at Airick. "Step into the light, child."

Azazel did as he was told, and groaned when the light seemed to brighten around him. When it was over, he stepped away from the light, blinking the spots from his eyes. "I... I don't feel any different."

Raziel pulled him close. "You will."

Azazel turned his head towards Airick. "Thank you."

He dipped his head. "Think nothing of it, child."

---

Raziel took Azazel home, and the two stayed together, cuddling for the most part. Finally, when night fell, Azazel did something he hadn't done in forever. He yawned. He surprised himself, freezing when he did. Raziel smiled. "It worked! Come on, let's go to bed."

Nodding, Azazel followed Raziel in a daze. The two layed down together, Raziel pulling Azazel to his chest before planting a kiss on his head. "Goodnight."

Azazel nuzzled Raziel's chest, the warmth of his lover and the blanket making his eyelids droop. Slowly, he curled up against Raziel, closing his eyes. For the first time in what felt like forever, Azazel fell into a deep slumber.