Chapter 7

The Kingdom of Hell
Azazel's POV

I collapse on the bed in my room, covering my face with my hands. I could still feel Raziel's warmth against my side as I recalled his words. 'You liked my face plenty before.'

Does that mean he knew? Did he find out? I sighed, pushing the thoughts away. Raziel and I had been friends when we were mortal. As the time passed, I... I wanted to be more than his friend. But, Raziel was straight. He had a fiance, and they were getting married.

Because of my jealousy, I tried to tear them apart. In the end, they were married and I could do nothing about it. I was devastated. And trying to get them to break up, along with my jealousy were my only mistakes after I died. That was why my soul didn't deserve to go to Heaven. I hadn't tried to kill anyone, but I hadn't been the best person in the world. I should have known Raziel would end up an angel, though. I'm sure he and his wife are happily together in Heaven, basking in the light of God.

Sighing, I got up, shaking my head. That was back then. It's over now, and I have nothing to do with either of them. Still, in the back of my mind I still recalled his bright, determined blue eyes as he watched me, his deep brown hair falling into his eyes. He still had the same goofy smile, that hadn't changed even when we were mortal.

A soft knock at my door made me jump, and I regained my composure before heading to the door. "Yes?" I looked down at Micah.

He smiled nervously. "Well... I was wondering... Raziel has decided to stay with us a bit longer and-"

"Good for him. Goodbye." I began to close the door when Micah stopped me.

"Wait! I want you to share a room with him."

I froze. "What?"

"Well, your room is the only one big enough, and you also have a bed that he can sleep on. Angels sleep, remember? Plus, he said you were friends once."

I swear to Satan I'm going to kill Raziel if he doesn't keep his mouth shut about our past relationship. Micha looked up at me with hopeful, begging eyes. Finally, I sighed. "Fine. Just as long as he doesn't annoy me too much."

Micah smiled, disappearing down the hall. He came back a few minutes later with a very cheerful Raziel. When Micah left, Raziel entered the room, looking around excitedly. When he didn't find what he was looking for, he turned to me. "Where are the pictures?"

"What pictures?"

"The pictures of us! From when we were younger?"

I snorted. "I requested that all of my Earthly things be burned. I didn't want any connections to my past life."

He frowned. "Why not?"

I glared at him. "You told Micah we were friends once. That's all we'll be. Complete strangers who happened to know each other in a past life. Get it? The past. That's all it'll ever be. So don't try to work your way back in, thinking it'll be all sunshine and rainbows. You mean nothing to me now, and nothing will change that."