Chapter 3

Arjun rings Kapoor house's doorbell.
Naina (Meher's mother) opens the door.

"Arjun beta.. Come", Naina invited Arjun inside.

"No aunty thanks.Umm..mumma is not at home and the house is locked.Do you know anything I mean.. did she give you the keys?? ",Arjun inquired.

Arjun and Meher were neighbors. Their families were close.So close that they even knew what was cooking in each other's house. The only thing they were unaware of, was why Meher and Arjun, who were once best of friends suddenly cut off each other. They avoided each other like the water repels fire.

"Yes, she has gone to visit your bua(father's sister) . It was something urgent,regarding your cousin's marriage so she left in a hurry and might have forgotten to inform you." Come inside I have the keys. ", Naina replied.

"No aunty its already late. I gotta go. Please give me the keys.", Arjun requested.

Naina smiled and brought the keys from inside. "Here", Naina said handing over the keys to Arjun. That's when she saw Arjun's hand, red with his blood.

"Oh my God Arjun!!! How did this happen?? Let me take you to the doctor.", Naina said with concern.

"Aunty.. I'm absolutely fine.. It was just a minor accident. Nothing major happened.", Arjun answered trying to prevent Naina from making an issue.

Naina took his hand and examined it. "I'll just clean it up and bandage. Nothing to worry about", Arjun said taking his leave.

"No, you're not going anywhere. Come inside and I'll bandage. Even your mother is not at home. How will you manage.", Naina announced her decision.

"Aunty.. Seriously I'll take care of it. You are worrying without any reason.", Arjun smiled assuring Naina.

"Naina....", an elderly voice called Naina from inside.

"Ummm.. I think biji (grandma) needs you. Don't worry about me aunty. I'm fine and if I feel any discomfort, I will definitely come to you for help.", Arjun said earning a nod of permission to leave.

Just as Arjun was about to exit the main gate, Meher came back home. They both looked at each other and ignored.

"Miku.. You've come at the best time. Arjun has had an accident and hurt his hand. Go and bandage it.", Naina ordered Meher.

Meher displeasingly looked at Arjun who shared the same look. Wanting to decline the offer, Arjun turned towards Naina but she was long gone inside the house. Arjun looked back at Meher who sighed and moved her gaze to Arjun's house.

Arjun unwillingly moved towards his house and opened the door. Meher too joined him.

Arjun reached the hall and turned towards Meher. He pointed to the couch gesturing her to have a seat. Meher placed her bag on the couch and said, " I think you should wash the wound first"

"You actually don't have to do this. Just sit here for a while and you can go. Aunty will think you have bandaged it.", Arjun replied.

"As if you don't know my mum. She can come anytime to check up on you. Most importantly to see if I have done it correctly or not.", Meher rolled her eyes.

Arjun gave a slight nod realizing what Meher said was hundred percent true.

"I'll just come", Arjun said disappearng inside one of the rooms. When he returned, Meher was sitting on the couch and on the center table rested two glasses of water, placed on a tray.

She gestured Arjun to sit beside her. He obligated. Arjun took the glass of water to retreat his drying throat while Meher got up to fetch the first aid box.