CHAPTER 4

Meher walked through the corridor chatting with Sneha. Though she walked beside Sneha , her mind wandered around, as her eyes searched for someone specific.

"Oops..", a voice brought Meher back to reality. It was Abhimanyu.

"Sorry Sir. I wasn't looking.", Meher apologized.

"Yeah.. I kinda got that", Abhimanyu chuckled. Meher responded with a meek smile.

"Are you ok??", Abhimanyu asked with concern.

"Yes. Yes." Meher replied with a smile.

"You sure, because I can tell there's something bothering you. Is it something college related like ragging or something, you can tell me because I can help you with that", Abhimanyu offered.

"No.. Thanks I mean. Its really nothing", Meher replied.

"Oh.. Okay.. Free lecture??" Abhimanyu asked.

"Yeah we were just headed to library", Meher answered.

"Library!!! You have 4 years for that. Come on lets go to the canteen. I'll introduce you to my other friends", Abhimanyu offered.

Meher looked at Sneha. She just shrugged in response. Meher nodded and all three of them headed towards the canteen.

Reaching the canteen, Abhimanyu introduced Meher and Sneha to his friends and they continued their casual conversation. Meher tried to actively participate in the chitter chatter but she kept on warging towards the door, in hope for a particular someone to walk in.

And he did. As Arjun walked in through the door, he eyes automatically fell on her. Her heart beat elevated and she immediately moved her gaze to Abhimanyu. Arjun walked towards his friends and sat there still stealing glances of her. She too would look at him admist of her conversation with her circle.

After a while, Arjun got up and walked outside with one of his friends. Her heart sank. She didn't know why!

She didn't want to be near him but she wanted him around. She felt something was slipping from her hand. She wanted to stop it but nothing could be done. She regained senses as Sneha nudges her elbow, "Where are you lost"

"Umm..Nowhere", Meher brushed off the topic and tried to indulge in the conversation going on. They were talking about fresher's party.

"The unofficial freshers party to be precise",Priya announced.

"But aren't we supposed to get a formal fresher party by college", Sneha asked.

"Yeah. But what's fun in that!!!", Priya smirked before continuing, "We will organize the best fresher party. Like the one we expected.. "

"but never got",  Abhimanyu completed.

"So, when and where is this party gonna happen", Sneha inquired

"On the next day to official party and at Vivan's guest house 30 km away from here." Priya confirmed.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Sneha and Meher reach Meher's home. Sneha was going to stay at Meher's for the night. They both were working on three assignments that were due before their sessional tests start next week.

" Hey.. Is that Mr. Hottie?? What is he.. Why is he..", Sneha asked as her eyes fell on Arjun. Arjun had just stopped the bike in front of his house and removed the helmet. Sneha was surprised to see him across the road.

"Yeah. Heismyneighbor", Meher mumbled quickly.

"He what??", Sneha looked at her demanding an answer.

"He is my neighbor", Meher replied in defeat.

"Woah... And you are telling me that now!!!So you both do know each other.. Aren't you guys friends??!!like you know you are neighbors and all", Sneha asked.

"Yeah we are.." Meher replied earning a questioning glare from Sneha. "I mean we were ", Meher corrected her own statement.

"Girl.. Imma gonna need a lil back story..", Sneha chuckled.

"Its a looooong story", Meher reasoned.

"Well we have a long evening and a long night too. Don't we??", Sneha winked.

Meher smiled replying, "Yeah we do".
Meher knew she wasn't going to get out of this. Though she didn't knew Sneha for long, but she trusted her. She felt secure around her. She decided, it was time someone knew their story.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
NEXT DAY, COLLEGE

Meher entered the college. She was running late as usual so she just wanted to fly to her class. But soon her attempt failed miserably as Abhimanyu came to her side.

"Hi..", he greeted.

"Hello.."Meher replied as she walked towards her class. Abhimanyu walked besides her and eventually held her hand.

Meher stopped and looked at him. He forwarded a rose to her," You look beautiful today ", Abhimanyu stated.

" Thanks", Meher smiled taking the rose from his hand. She looked at her other hand that was still in his hold. Realizing what she was looking at, Abhimanyu left her hand.

"Sir.. I need to go.. I have a lecture" Meher said pursing her lips.

"well you are already 15 minutes late and I don't think you are getting inside the class without listening an earful." Abhimanyu said.

Meher looked at her wrist watch with a worried expression and realized it was indeed true.

"How about we both spend some time and get to know each other?" Abhimanyu asked. Meher was still making up her mind when Abhimanyu spoke up, "Trust me, I am a better company than your professor."

Meher chuckled at his statement and nodded, "Yeah.. Ok.."

They both headed towards the stadium. As they stepped on the first stair, Meher saw Arjun coming out. He was messing around with his friends. One of Arjun's friends nudged his elbow and pointed in Meher's direction. Arjun looked at her. She looked beautiful in her attire. Smaller strands of hair hitting her face. Her eyes gleamed with unknown excitement. His gaze eventually moved to the rose in her hand and then towards Abhimanyu who was busy smirking at his friends.

Arjun's eyes moved to hers again. The excitement in her eyes was now replaced by an unknown expression. She felt guilty for hanging out with Abhimanyu despite of Arjun's warnings. At the same time she felt anger towards Arjun that he had no right to control her social circle. She was conflicted within herself. Her heart wanted to honor the whatsoever friendship left between Arjun and her while her mind demanded autonomy over her own decisions.

Meher stumbled a bit and Abhimanyu held her and helped her. "Take care dear, we wouldn't wanna miss you at the freshers now.Would we??" She smiled at him. It was at this point that she realized she had to follow her mind and look at people her own way. She wasn't a kid anymore and she didn't need any one guarding her every moment. Specially not Arjun.

She looked back at Arjun. He stood still at his place fuming in anger. She immediately moved her gaze back to the way she was going and continued her walk along with Abhimanyu.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
A/N

Dear Readers
Sorry for the delay in update. Hope you all are having a good time.
Please vote for the story if you like it.
It means a lot.

Love ❤️ ❤️