04|

four

When morning arrived the next day, Taylor was already gone. Her willpower and the amount of discipline it must've taken waking up that early after indulging in as much alcohol as she had the night before was commendable. After barely making it back to the dorms last night, Shaylynn and I had to practically drag her into bed. I promised her breakfast as a thank you for taking on the extra responsibility helping me with Taylor.

It didn't take long after getting out of bed to ready myself for the day and since Lynn and I were already heading towards the other side of campus, it made the perfect cover for showing up unannounced to my brothers dorm. I needed to pry more information out of him regarding his late night escapades with my roommates sister.

A little after eight o'clock, Shaylynn and I met each other at the elevators and ventured to the dining hall.

"So last night?" Lynn says, breaking the silence between us. Even though we'd been to a frat party together and practically nursed a drunk stranger to bed, we still didn't know much about each other to ease into a conversation. "Clearly Taylor enjoyed herself," she giggles lightly.

"Or was so miserable the only way to enjoy herself was drinking herself into it." It was partly true. "But honestly if I had the tolerance for alcohol, I'd have done the same. Last night was...hm. Definitely an experience."

We dally further along the sidewalk through campus conversing about the party which eventually prompted Lynn into revealing more about herself. Loosely put, she was raised in a family where success meant everything. Her father worked as a criminal defense attorney well known for his track record of winning his cases and her mother was a real estate agent for A-List celebrities.

She grew up an only child because her parents seemed to find more interest in chasing their career dreams than raising a kid which meant she was practically raised by the in-home nanny her parents hired to look after her. Despite that, the immense pressure to succeed at virtually everything she did paired with her severe mommy and daddy issues, she was doing quite well for herself.

Her words.

Lynn mentioned that at the party last night, she hooked up with someone simply for the hell of it. Which didn't bother me—her body, her choice—though she wasn't the best at masquerading the guilt her actions left behind.

Breakfast in the dining hall was nothing less than we were expecting. Had our dorms been a lot closer, the walk would be worth it.

Lynn couldn't stick around any longer once we'd finished breakfast because her first class began at ten o'clock, so we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

Christian's dormitory wasn't but five minutes away from the dining hall and with as much time as I had to kill, it was worth taking.

"Yeah, who is it?" an unfamiliar voice called from behind the door.

"I'm here to talk to my brother. Christian."

The door swings open, and his roommate thoroughly examining my presences for truth before nodding and allowing me inside.

"Christian's not here at this particular moment. He actually never came home after the party at Theta Nu. Don't tell him I told you, but he's been seeing that hot sorority milf. But if you don't mind waiting, he normally comes back at around ten after a night with her." He walks over to his bed and plops down, grabbing his phone off the table beside it. "I can shoot him a text letting him know you're here."