Luck

Thatch was the one to end up driving the car while Sabo sat in the back seat, tending to your leg. He did the best he could to slow down the bleeding, unfortunately making your blood stain his clothes and car seat. The fact that you were bleeding so much meant the bullet went straight through your leg.

"FUCK!" You screamed when Sabo pressed a little too hard. The blonde looked at you apologetically.

    "Sorry (y/n)." He mumbles.

    "It's fine it just hurts like hell." You hiss.

    "Not about your leg." You look at him before kicking him in the arm with your good leg.

"Ow!" You didn't kick him very hard, but he was giving you a sad look.

    "It's fine idiot. I never told you I wasn't allowed in the city." You mumble. Both Thatch and Sabo look at you in shock.

    "You're not allowed in the city? Why?" Thatch questions.

    "Because of the man who shot me." You tell them. "Shanks doesn't allow me to go near the cities border. He's only doing it to protect me."

    "Is that why you suddenly left 12 years ago?" Sabo murmurs. You nod at that.

    "The day after he murdered my Mother." Silence filled the car afterwards and you saw sadness flash in both of the males eyes. Looking out the back window you see two cars following closely behind yours. You could barely tell, but Marco and Ace were driving them. "You can't tell Shanks I was here."

    "Why?" Thatch glanced at you from the rear view mirror.

"You just can't!" You snapped. Looking away you whisper. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you." Sabo had gotten distracted by you, because he finally noticed more blood on him and panicked. He quickly covered your wound making you let out a hiss in pain.

It took 20 minutes to arrive at the hospital. Thatch was the one to carry you inside since Sabo was sitting at your feet and he got to you faster. You would prefer Sabo to carry you, but in your condition, there was no room to complain. After they had gotten you checked into a room and treated your leg, everyone was out side your room talking to each other.

    The door was closed and you could barely make out what they were saying. Lying in the hospital bed alone, you wondered what they could be talking about. Most likely the whole situation that just went down. There was one thing you heard that made your heart drop into your stomach. 'Shanks is on his way.' Staring at the door in dismay, Sabo makes his way inside. Their voices went quiet till the door shut and they continued further.

"Hey..." he starts before stopping after noticing the look of distraught written on your features. "You know don't you?" He slowly approaches you.

"Who told him?" You whisper.

"Pops did."

"I see." You pause. "C-can you stay with me? Until it's over?" Sabo sat in the chair next to your bed.

"I'll always be by your side." He looks at you. Slowly you return his gaze and smile. There was a moment of silence. "We got lucky." He breaks the silence. "If it wasn't for Ace's quick thinking, we would be dead. Also the fact that Pops happened to be near the park at the time."

"I've always been told I was lucky." You murmur. You look down at his outfit and see he was wearing a hospital gown. "Why are you wearing a gown?"

"Oh. The nurses offered to clean my clothes for me. So they gave me this to wear temporarily."

"Alright then." You chuckle. He looked silly in that gown. Sabo notices the cast on your leg.

    "Why do you have a cast on?"

    "The doctor said that the bullet went through my leg, which also happened to shatter the bone. So my leg is broken in some sort." You explain to him earning a hum in response. The door quickly swung open, giving you a heart attack thinking it was Shanks. Turns out it was the young teen, Luffy. 'God dammit Luffy!'

    "Shishishi! I think I scared (y/n)!" He laughs.

    'No! Really?' You glared Luffy and Ace pushed the boy inside, since he was in the way. "Where's Nami?" You asked as they sat in the chairs next to the door.

    "Too busy crying to someone called Robin about how you almost died." Ace responds.

    "Thank you, Ace." He looks at you confused.

    "For what?"

    "For saving my life! Obviously!" You chuckle lightly. He awkwardly rubs the back of his head chuckling.

    "Anything for my brother and his girlfriend." You smile at that before frowning. "What's wrong?" Ace looks at you in concern.

    "I really don't want to see Shanks right now." You mumble.

    "You heard us didn't you?" Ace murmured. You nod.

    "I have a feeling that he's on his way." You really didn't want to deal with his anger. It was scary when he was mad but you've learned to cope with it.

    "Do you want us to stay with you?" Luffy suggests. You shake your head.

    "I'll be fine with Sabo."

    "Alright then." Ace stands to leave dragging Luffy with him earning complaints from the teen. "Get well soon." Ace tells you after closing the door. It was 15 minutes later before you heard a man yelling and shouting.

    "WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!?" It was Shanks. Another voice was frantically trying to calm him down.

    'Wonderful.' You released a heavy sigh. A moment later the door to your room swung open and you were greeted by a very angry redhead.

    "(Y/n)!"