Chapter 1

I suddenly awoke from the sound of the thunder crashing through the sky. As I shot up, I turned to look at the little clock on my bed side table that blinded my eyes as I did. When my eyes adjusted I noticed it was already 12.00. ''Great, midnight!'' I murmured to myself. I was finally 18 and could not celebrate with family. My family had all died in a fire that could not be explained, 8 years ago.

Since then I had lived alone in my cabin that is in the middle of a forest. My father was a blade. By blade I mean he could kick ass without any training! I inherited my father’s blade abilities and my mother’s werewolf ability. I had not transformed into my wolf yet, because I used to live in the city and had to push it back. I was in the city because a lot of hunters came for me when they found out that I was also a blade, and I became a huge threat to them. My mother decided to move there to protect me. Then 3 years later the fire happened. I escaped because my mother took me out back. Then she ran in for my father and I being the curious little child I was followed her. ''Go outside Lyra! Mummy and daddy are right behind you!'' She screamed as she looked at me through the flames. I had to listen. I don't remember anything else because I collapsed into the bushes. Then my grandmother found me and took me to this cabin. She told me to stay here and then left.

I was forcefully pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a loud yelp. Me being the blade I am, shot up and used my ice cold hands to wipe my eyes. I quickly shoved on a black tank top, denim shorts that had the ripped effect and black flats. Then to save time I forced the window open and jumped out. I stood still trying to listen until I heard a rustle. I ran at werewolf speed to the noise. I stopped dead when I saw the handsome black wolf looking at me with his urban eyes. My wolf was screaming in my head ''MATE!'' I couldn’t help but smile. He looked at me, frozen as well and then I noticed that he knew I was his mate. He started to squirm trying to get to me. I walked over to him and placed my hand onto his head. His eyes closed, and I could feel the tingle beneath my hand. His fur was warm and soft and if I had not seen his eyes first I wouldn’t have noticed him. He was blacker than black. Once again I was dragged from my thoughts when he let out a forceful growl. I then mind slapped myself for not concentrating. I looked around and noticed that there were 6 hunters around us. I looked at my mate and noticed his foot caught in the trap. He was Hurt! ''You'll never get him out! Oi Jake grab her!'' I turned to see who was talking; it was a tall man with brown eyes and a hat on. He had little facial hair and to tell you the truth he looked like a drunk. Typical of a leading hunter to look like that. I let out a loud growl as one of the hunters came near me. My mate was now trying to bite the metal clasp off his foot and I could see it was hurting him. The clasp around his ankle had some kind of chemical that burnt us werewolves, on it.

I had come into contact with this before when I was 7. I tried to remember how I only got scared then I remembered it was in the fire. I suddenly saw the hunter coming closer and looked at my mate ''Shh, don't move ill get it off'' I told him. I grabbed the sides of it and pulled them apart ignoring the amount of pain it put me through I held them harder until I heard a clang. My mate jumped up before I could check his ankle and killed the hunter that was about to stab me in the back. I ran to the closest tree trying to heal myself so I could help but it would take at least half an hour to heal these wounds. I closed my eyes and squeezed my hands together trying to get them to heal faster. It worked but when I opened my eyes my mate was in front of me. If he was not handsome as a wolf he was now absolutely gorgeous in human form... He had black hair that was the same colour as his wolfs and urban eyes. I stared at his as I noticed his hands were on mine. I then started to concentrate and realized that they healed faster because he helped. ''Please tell me your okay mate'' his voice was music to my ears. ''I’m fine and don't call me mate please'' I knew if I didn’t take my eyes away I would have kissed him and I wanted to get to know him first.''Im sorry ermmm...'' I forgot he didn’t even know my name, okay now I feel stupid. ''My names Alyra grace''. I stood up and started to walk back to my house. ''Lyra where you going?'' I stopped still and a tear ran down my face. I had not been called Lyra since my parents had died and it was heart braking to hear it. But when it came from his lips it was relaxing. ''I’m going home to sleep'' I shouted back to him.