Chapter Eight

Mizuki's POV

Today marked the sixth day of the week and school had just ended not too long ago but I had decided to stay behind and chat with Naruto. My challenge with Sasuke was today but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of being on time. He could sure as hell wait till I got there. I looked over to see an irritated look on Naruto's face. He has been struggling with perfecting the shadow clone jutsu. He told me it was his worst jutsu. I hated seeing him in such a sour mood, it wasn't like him to be so down. I wished I could help him but this fight came first with my concentration at its finest.

"Hey Mizuki, I think I'm gonna head out. I know we just finished school but there's no way I'm letting this jutsu get the best of me! I'll see you later," Naruto abruptly stated before bolting off to some training grounds.

A small smile came across my face. Seeing him push forward made me happy. He wasn't one to sit still after all. The same could go for me as well.

A determined feeling rushed through my entire body and I had never felt so ready in my life. This fight isn't to prove Sasuke wrong or to acknowledge how strong I am, this fight is to show him he better know who to pick his fights with!

I walked over to the training grounds where I knew Sasuke would be waiting. The closer I got to the clearing, the more pumped I became. I finally broke through the trees and I saw Sasuke waiting in the center of the clearing. His back to me. I walked towards him only for him to turn around. He must have heard me. I stopped with some distance between us.

"So finally decided to show up? He asked annoyed that I had barely arrived and I couldn't help but smile in satisfaction.

"Are we doing this? There is still time to back out. After all wouldn't want to bruise that ego of yours." I said, redirecting the conversation. His gaze hardens as he glared at me, his lips in a tight line.

"Let's go," he says tightly signaling the fight to start.
I immediately rushed forward, flinging myself into the sky, pulling out shurikens and throwing them towards Sasuke. They flew at him like rain needles but he easily deflected each one with ease. I barely landed on the ground before he threw his own shurikens towards me. I dodged them until I noticed that he was controlling the movement of the shurikens with a string. They followed my every move. I pulled out my kunai and used it to deflect them towards the ground before rushing back towards Sasuke. I aimed a high kick but he crossed his arms in front in an 'X' formation blocking my kick. Before I could pull away, he grabbed my other leg and pulled me into the ground back first.

I felt the wind leave my body as I crashed into the ground. Crap! This wasn't going to be as easy as I thought.

I jumped back to my feet as I felt the air return to my lungs. I lunged forward, thrusting my palm aiming for a pressure point on his shoulder only for Sasuke to block as he aimed a punch at me. I barely caught his fist in my hand before it connected to my cheek. I twisted my arm free and kicked him in the stomach sending him rolling backward.

I stared him down as he got back up to his feet. I was breathing heavily and I could see that he was also.

"What is your problem with my last name?" I huffed out, glaring at him. He grits his teeth together before he ran towards me. He threw a punch and I crossed my arms in an x formation.

"Because it's not possible," he says, as his fist connected to my arms. I didn't understand what he was saying. How was it not possible that I'm an Uchiha?