Chapter 11

Mizuki's POV

We all stood in complete silence as we watched the odd ninja perched atop his sword on the tree, but before I knew, Kakashi-sensei walked a little closer. His hands were casually inserted in the pockets of his pants, "Well, well. If it isn't the Rogue Ninja of the Hidden Mist, Zabuza Momochi." None of us understood what that meant but we could feel the tension in the situation.

"Well, I'm guessing you must be Kakashi, the Sharingan user. No wonder the Demon Brothers weren't able to complete their job," and as he finished his sentence, Sasuke and I immediately shifted our focus to the back of Kakashi-sensei. Sharingan?! How could he have the Sharingan?" I quickly glanced over to Sasuke and I saw that he had the exact same bewildered expression that I did. What the hell was going on?

"Alright guys, protect Tazuna. I think you guys should stay back." Kakashi told us, not even looking at us.

"What do you mean? We can help!" I called out to him, feeling frustrated that I couldn't be of help in the previous fight.

"Yeah, what do you mean stay back? We're ninjas too!" Naruto exclaimed as well,

"I need you guys to stay back. This guy is on a whole other level. I guess I might even have to use this..." Kakashi paused and reached over with his right hand and began to lift his headband where it covered his left eye.

"Well I guess I should be honored to witness your Sharingan in the flesh," as Zabuza finished his sentence, Kakashi flashed his never before seen eye. It was the same bright red pupils with tomoe inside of them; the great mirror wheel eye.

"Now quick, Manji Formation. Protect the bridge builder, and stay out of this fight. I taught you teamwork, and now it's time you use it."

"Will someone tell me what Sharingan is?" Naruto asks I looked over at him to explain what it was only for Sasuke to explain.

"Sharingan, a rare power that resides in the eyes. The user of this visual jutsu, or doujutsu, can instantly see and comprehend any Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Ninjutsu." Sasuke's pauses briefly and I jumped in on the explanation.

"As well as reflect the attack back on the attacker. The Sharingan is a special, rare form of doujutsu. However, there's more to the Sharingan than that."

Naruto still looked confused but seemed to sort of get what we were saying. However, Zabuza went on to explain it in further detail and it felt strange having an enemy explain what my bloodline does. It's no secret that the Sharingan exists and people know about it, but it felt strange. It was almost like we were at a disadvantage.

I gritted my teeth as we got into formation and before we knew what was going on, a shroud of mist had begun to surround everything around us. It steadily grew thicker with every second that passed by.

"What's going on? Where's this mist coming from?" I asked and as I finished my sentence, we watched Zabuza leap onto the lake in front of us and stand on top of the water.

He took a straight stance and shifted his hands to a hitsuji sign, concentrating a large amount of chakra.

"Playtime is over. That old man has to be killed now, but I guess I have to go through you first, Kakashi."

The four of us, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and I surrounded Tazuna. Determined to protect him only to notice that more mist began to appear. As well as Zabuza vanishing into thin air. I could practically taste the intensity of his chakra suffocating the air. I could feel my body begin to shake in fear as the reality of the situation registered. This man was not someone to take lightly.