Murat// innocent little boy

Th-the book is not done yet, but if you have any idea how close we are- *cries*

AND REMEMBER! If you have any questions about Nazım you can message/comment me here and/or you can do it on Tumblr [cafisky.tumblr.com]. Ask as many as you want about Nazım and/or me, it doesn't matter. They'll be compiled in an authors note in the end in sha Allah so ask away!

H E A L I N G

T A K E S

A

B I T

O F

T I M E

&

A

B I T

O F

P R A Y E R

M U R A T

{innocent little boy}

"Sara, I got the mail," Mahir said, coming in the house. He joined her in the living room where she laid down on the couch chewing on her fingernails. "Is something wrong?"

She stopped, realizing what she was doing and sat up. The tea she had prepared for herself went cold on the coffee table and she had no interest in going to do anything about it. Sara cleared her throat and took the mail from him, ignoring his question.

Fatma's words were repeating in her brain for at least a while, and they were bothering her badly. Even after the events that took place with Nazım and the fire, she hadn't tried to console her in fear of only angering her.

She sat up, and flipped through what had arrived when she came to an envelope, coffee stained at the top right that caught her attention. She opened it, and saw it containing a letter written in a neat cursive scrawl. "Mahir I want you to read this aloud for me," she gave the letter to him knowing her Turkish was still not good enough to be useful in reading.

"Sara, I hope you're doing well," he read. Mahir took little pauses as he read. The first sentence was enough to cause some sort of surprise to her. "After our meeting a while ago, I realized something after you left. I realized I wasn't reading my Quran, and I wasn't keeping to Islam as strongly as I thought I was." His reciting seemed to become slower, as he seemed to be reading it more to himself.

What does she mean? Sara thought.

"What happened a while ago?" Mahir asked, looking up.

"Just read the letter!" Sara rushed him. Especially since she didn't want to have to explain it.

"I've come to understand after reading a few more verses in depth that I was still in a state of ignorance I thought I freed myself from, and I feel ashamed for what I've said to you, and how I've treated you and Mahir."

She let the words sit in her mind.

"No, I'm not perfect, and I shouldn't try to be. Islam is like a community, where diversity and different kinds of cultures and people are appreciated. I didn't fully understand that until now, nor did I see much example of it. And I wish I could tell you this face to face but quite a few things have taken the time out of my day to pay such a visit to you.

You are my sister in humanity, and I love you."

There was a long, thick pause, and Sara felt a smile tugging at her lips. She understood Fatma's stance on her even before the marriage. Fatma just wanted her family to be as close as possible for the fear of losing them. She hoped her brother would marry someone capable of that; to keep a family like theirs, close together.