Kerim ve Ayla// story of us [part 1]

SOooooorry for the missed update

Mind you it is all right here. Basically, this is two chapters in one, and then on the next update it's another "two chapters" in sha Allah. Some of you were wondering about Ayla, and some of you were wondering about Kerim sooo it's all right here!

Please remember to vote if you liked it and drop a comment too. Also if you think anyone else you know would like it, feel free to recommend it too, in sha Allah.

and if there are any inaccuracies of any kind let me know right away in sha Allah ♥

K E R İ M

{story of us}

bölüm 1

The world was a strange place, and Kerim remembered an analogy comparing it to a shadow. If someone chased it, they'd never catch it. But if they turned their back to it, the world had no choice but to follow on after it. He remembered that quote for a very long time until the events of life had gotten in the way and he needed to get things in order. He found it rather ironic.

Ali would have said the same thing.

His brother had his own opinion on the world, but Kerim always knew him to be a very confused person to the point where he wouldn't speak for days. Or at least, remembered him for that. He remembered that Ali would have laid down on the grass and stared up at the sky with his hands behind his head, just as Kerim was doing right then, thinking about everything.

"Merhaba." Süleyman's voice had taken Kerim out of his stupor, but he didn't sit up.

One of the differences between Kerim and Ali is that Ali did not have Süleyman for a friend. He'd been quiet for so long his lips had somewhat dried together. "Merhaba," he replied, barely opening his mouth.

"You been out here all day?" Süleyman had sat down on the grass and laid down beside him. "What're you doin' out here anyway? It doesn't look so fun."

"I don't care about the fun part of things."

There was a vague pleasure in just being alone and thinking to yourself. And unfortunately, people would have thought otherwise--they would have thought he was crazy; a little psychotic.

"The teacher's looking for you, though."

"That's good."

Kerim didn't care about who was looking for him.

Süleyman and Kerim stayed there, being silent for a few good moments before Kerim had only cracked it. Even when he spoke it was still quiet.

"Is the world like a shadow to you?" Kerim asked.

"Shadow?"

"Something you chase but can never catch, but when you turn your back to it, it follows you." Kerim turned his head to the side. "What do you think?"

"Is that what you spend your time with on out here?" Süleyman said. "Just . . . thinking about this kind of stuff?"

"It is," he said. "Why are you out here anyway?"

"What, I'm not allowed to be with my friend?" Süleyman scoffed.

Kerim rolled his eyes but didn't respond. He guessed he was just finding an excuse to be out of class, too.

Sometimes, he would think, Süleyman was just like Ali because there were times where Ali would have never left Kerim alone. Now it was just the thoughts and memories of Ali never leaving him be.

There was a sort of silence in the atmosphere where, the longer it stayed, the better the chance of Süleyman leaving; and chances were that would be soon. Kerim was not good at keeping conversations going, and he had no intention to speak about it.