Chapter 3

At the airport.

"I already told her about your arrival. She will be the one to take care of you while Im away."

"Yes dad."

"And one more thing Russelle, don't be a pain to her. I know you hate her but she is still your mother. So better be good to her,okay?"

She nodded.

"Don't just give me a nod Russelle Guine."

"What do you want me to say dad?! Do you want me to pretend that Im excited to see her?!"

"No! But at least promise me that you will treat her as your mother and not just someone else!"

She almost couldn't believe what she heard from her father.

"Do you really think Im that bad!?"

"No-not really. Im just saying that you know. Im just worried about you. And your mom, she is very excited to see you."

She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever dad!"

"I will surely miss you!"

He hugged her so tight before letting her go.

"You will call me once you get there,okay?"

"I will dad. You take care okay? Don't let the bad guys get to you."

He smiled.

"I won't. I promise."

"I will miss you dad."

She hugged him.

"I will miss you more sweetie."

He kissed her on the forehead.

"Be a good girl."

She smiled and kissed him on the cheeks.

"Goodbye dad."

"Goodbye sweetheart."

And off she go. She will be away from her father for the rest of the holiday season. And that would mean three months of her life without him by her side.

As he watched her checking in her baggage, his phone rang. The name on the caller ID is Capt. Lennox.

"Where are you, Sgt. Sanders?"

"At the airport, sir."

"I need you here immidiately. We have an emergency!"

"Yes sir. I'll be on my way."

He glanced to his daughter's direction. He waved to her. He saw her smiled and waved back to him.
He signaled her that he is leaving. He saw her nod. He smiled to her and went to his car.

Before he could start the engine, he got a txt message from his daughter.

"Always keep safe dad, love you."

He smiled. He turn on the engine and drove off to his office headquarters.
When it says emergency, it means bad news. What could it be this time? A prisoner escaped? A compromised mission?