Chapter 16

He won't deny. The food is very tasty. He must say, the evil witch is a good cook.

"So John..would you mind if I ask you something?"

Rosella said.

He paused for a while before answering.

"Yes. What is it?"

"My daughter is here for a holiday vacation. How about you?"

He looked at the evil witch. She seemed not interested to hear anything from him. He's a bit disappointed.

"Well yeah, to be honest with you, I am not here for a vacation. I am here because of a job."

"So you have no relatives here or friends?"

"None."

"Oh poor thing! You must have been so lonely all this time."

He smiled awkwardly. Sometimes this old woman takes it way too deep in terms of being emotional.

"Cut it out mom. He is not a teenage boy for you to care about ."

And there goes the evil witch. Really heartless with her words.

"Oh Russelle, you are so sweet. Why don't you accompany John to tour this place? That would be very lovely, isn't it?"

Uh-oh. Them? Tour together? What is so lovely about that?

"Thank you for your kindness, auntie. But I dont think that is really necessary."

"See mom? He can take care of himself."

He saw the evil witch looked at him.

"Right, Mr. Michaels?"

"But if you insist, how could I say no to that?"

He smiled to her.

"Oh that's wonderful!"

The old woman is obviously liking the idea of them being together. And the evil witch?

He could tell by her looks that she's not.

The idea is so perfect. He wouldn't have to go through plans on how he could abduct her. Everything seems to fall into place on its own.

"Mom? You are so unbelievable! You are trusting this guy to be with me?! You barely know him yet!"

See? She is obviously not liking it. And she talks like that to her own mother? She's really evil, isn't she?

But he is going to play with the situation.

"Your daughter is right, auntie. You barely know me. How could you trust me that easily?"

"I know you're a good man, John. If you're not, you wouldn't have to bother yourself on helping me with my car."

He smiled. This old woman will be his key to get to the evil witch. He obviously got her.

"How could you trust him just by that? You are so low mom! Dad wouldn't like this if he found out your entrusting me with a total stranger! If you want, why not you two get along and I'll just go by myself."

And with that, she left the dining room.

Rosella sighed.

"I'm sorry for that John. You know, she is still in the adjustment period. I totally understand why she is like that to me. Afterall I left them."

He could feel the pain and sadness in her words. That evil witch is really insensitive to her own mother.

"You don't have to apologize auntie. That is something private I should not interfere with."