Chapter 2

I finished an appointment, checking the time.

5:30

Great, I'm going to be late, but there was nothing I could do. After giving my fifty dollar tips to the boss, keeping ten, I head to the dressing room. I've been having person after person all day with no break, my body is exhausted. I feel my bones creaking as I walk, and my tendons have stretched their limit. My ankle is throbbing, but I push through the pain.

I get in the dressing room and sit down to take off the heels. My foot is large and purple, throbbing like a heartbeat. I hear the door open and see Mi Na walk in, looking like death.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

Tears are streaming down her face when she says, "I'm sick of this, Ji Su! I can't do this! My body isn't even mine anymore! I just want to-to!"

"Mi Na, do not say it. Listen to me, you can do this. Your debt will be paid in a few months! I believe in you...I am here for you. Come here." I open my arms and she saunters into my embrace. I stroke her hair as her sobs get louder, and her tears drench my robe.

"You are loved Mi Na. For real, by all of your sisters." I whisper to her, trying to comfort her. I pull out the ten dollars I saved and place it in her hand.

"Here, the next time you go out, buy a decent meal. You need the nutrients." I explain.

"Thank you Ji Su." She holds the money as if it's about to tear.

I check the time and see it's 5:45.

"I'm sorry Mi Na, but I have to go."

"Where are you going?" She asks whilst wiping tears from her face.

"I have a date." I mutter, slipping on a pair of jeans over my foot.

"Ji Su, are you crazy. Do you know what you do for a living? Do you know how mad the boss would be if he found out? You can't have any relationships." She places a hand on my shoulder.

"I know..." I whisper, rubbing my foot.

She groans, looking at my sad face.

"You are not wearing jeans on a date. Here, wear this-" she grabs a little black dress from the rack, that would come to my knees, probably the most modest dress we have.

 "And, I've been saving these, but I think you need them, because there is no way you're wearing heels with your foot looking like that

"And, I've been saving these, but I think you need them, because there is no way you're wearing heels with your foot looking like that."

She pulls out a pair of black flats hidden in between the clothing racks.

"Mi Sun how did you get these?"

"Don't ask." She states.

The flats were a bit big, which was okay because my foot was a bit swollen. My makeup and hair has been done all day, so I rush out through the back ad head down the street. I find Jongdae standing outside of the car, looking like he'd been waiting for me. He's leaning against the car, wearing a black suit jacket and dress pants. It the dull light of day, I see a white shirt under the jacket. His hair is perfectly placed, some covering his forehead. He opens my door, closing it behind me.