Chapter 8

Ji Su's POV

The men throw me into my room and all of the girls scramble to pick me up. I hear the door lock as soon as it's shut.

"Ji Su, are you alright?" I hear someone say. 

"What did he do to you?" Jessie pushes the hair out of my face. They lift me onto the bed and I turn to my side, hoping I don't throw up in the process. 

"I'm fine." I say, trying to be strong. 

"No you aren't. You don't always have to act strong...you can't handle everything on your own." Eun Ha places a hand on my leg. I just shake my head, and allow the tears to fall. I've been holding them in, but I can't handle the extreme pain anymore. 

"Someone get the first-aid kit!" Mi Jin yells. A few girls rush off and into the bathroom. They run back with a small box in their hands. 

As girls stroke my hair, they put salve on all of my cuts. I yelp when they touch the burn mark. It continues to sting, and I try to focus on something else. When they finish I say, "thank you." 

There is an awkward silence as everyone thinks the same question. After a while, Soo Jung speaks up, "What happened to Mi Lin?"

I look straight ahead, "I don't know." Everything goes back to silence. All we can do is sit and wait until the door is unlocked.

*Time skip three days later brought to you by Chen the Troll*

The door hasn't been unlocked. Me and the rest of the girls have been left in here, maybe to die. MI Lin hasn't come back, and we haven't eaten this whole time. I'm laying on the bed, exhausted from the last days, even though I haven't done anything. My whole body is dehydrated from crying so much, and there are no more tears to come out of my eyes. 

 The first two days, you could hear everything's stomach yelling in hunger, but it is now just replaced with sickness. I've thrown up anything that was left in my belly, same as everyone else. 

Jessie walks out of the bathroom and takes a seat beside me. We are all sprawled out on the floor, hoping to survive whatever is happening. 

Jessie opens her cracked lips and says, "I've never been this hungry before."

"When's the last time you ate?" I mutter back. 

"I don't remember..." she says weekly. My eyes widen and sit up. I notice how sunken in her body is, her eyes are dark circles. 

"Why haven't you eaten anything?" I ask her. 

She coughs a little, trying to take in more air, "I was giving it to Mi Lin." 

I push back her blond hair as she gives a small smile, a few tears escaping her blue eyes. 

"I don't know if I'm going to make it." Her breathing slows and she slowly closes her eyes. Suddenly, all the girls join me as I hold Jessie in my arms.