Chapter 13 EPILOGUE

The streets of Paris are running with water as the rain falls from the sky. I sit under an umbrella table, on the cafe patio, safe from the rain. 

I hum to myself silently as I sip my coffee, waiting for Jongdae. I see someone running down the street, their head covered with a hood and mask. 

He sits down in front of me, pulling the hood down to reveal the same kind eyes I feel in love with. He takes my hands in his, blowing a warm breath on them. 

"You shouldn't be outside, Ji Su, it's freezing. You'll catch a cold," he mutters. 

I look at the dark sky, hearing thunder rumble in the distance, "the rain is beautiful, isn't it?" 

He chuckles, grabbing a macaroon from the box on the table, taking a bite, "I guess. Don't you want to go back to the hotel?" 

I give a small smile, "sure."

We get up, as the rain softens to a light drizzle. He takes my hand in his as we walk down the road. 

"Jongdae, thank you," I say. 

He turns to me, "I didn't do anything..." he says humbly. 

"You gave me my freedom. You gave me purpose, and you made me a real person...not just some trash to be used. I was just a thing, my name had no meaning," I say, remembering only a month ago. 

He gently grazes my face with a finger and I melt into his touch, "you were never garbage, and you are not a thing, you are the most beautiful creation. And I know your name.

"Ji Su."