three

"I could really use a tough guy like you. The team's a bunch of princes if you know what I mean." Coach said.

"You're telling me. It's all after you, old chum. Oh, pardon me. Did I bump into you? Where I come from it's prepare to die, sucker! As my father says, the only way to win is to make sure everyone else loses!" Jay said.

"Jay! Jay, Jay, Jay! Let me explain a team. It's like a family. You know how a body has a lot of different parts? The legs, elbows, ears, but they all need each other. Well, that's what a team is. Different players who work together to win. Make any sense?" Coach asked.

"Can I be the fist?"

"Look, it's Mal and Carlyn."

"Hi, Mal! Hi, Carlyn!"

"Love my hair, girls!"

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? It's not so bad here." Jay said as he leaned on the lockers.

"Are you insane? Long live evil!" Mal said.

"You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!" Carlyn said as she snapped.

"Thanks, girls. I needed that." Jay said before walking away.

"You gonna tell him?" Carlyn asked as she opened her locker.

"What?"

"Are you gonna tell Jay that you like him?" Carlyn asked.

"I don't know. Mom always told me that love was stupid. Besides, it wouldn't work out when we take over Auradon." Mal sighed as Carlyn put her hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, M." Carlyn apologized before Mal gave her a sad smile and reached into her locker.

"Here. Good luck." Mal said as she handed the cookies to Carlyn and walked away.

"Hey, Bennyboo!" Carlyn called before he turned around and smiled.

"Hey."

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip. You want one?" Carlyn asked as she held up the bag.

"I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game, but thank you so so much. Thank you. Next time." Ben said before he turned to walk away.

"No, yeah. I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains." Carlyn said as Ben looked at her.

"No, no, no."

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." Carlyn said.

"No, that's not it." Ben said.

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well. More for me I guess." Carlyn said as she opened the bag.

"No, no. Hey, see that? Totally trust you." Ben said after he ate the cookie.

"How are they?" Carlyn asked.

"They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're chewy. Is that walnuts? I love walnuts. I'm sorry. They're warm and soft. They're sweet. Carlyn, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" Ben asked before Carlyn smiled.

"How you feeling, bro?" Jay asked as he put his hands on Ben's shoulders.

"I feel like singing your name. Carlyn! Carlyn!" Ben said before she covered his mouth.

"Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say. Give me an C!" Ben said as the girls looked at each other.

"C!"