sixteen

"Not a tentacle in sight." Carlyn said after Ben walked over and hugged her.

"I think if Uma was up to something, we'd know by now." Ben said before Carlyn looked at him.

"No. Ben, I know how villains think and I don't trust Uma as far as I can throw her. She's gonna wait until our defenses are down and then that's when she's gonna strike. I really wish I had time to go do a dragon flyover because I can go so much higher." Carlyn said as she looked through the binoculars.

"Well, you can't be everywhere at once. Besides, I've got your back. Come on. Everyone's waiting for us." Ben said after they looked at the guards.

"Wait. But you're getting more guards?" Carlyn asked.

"I'm getting more guards. Now breathe. Come on." Ben said after they both took a deep breath.

"Okay."

"Here they come." Evie and Mal chorused with smiles as Ben and Carlyn walked into the courtyard.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Stay." FGM said after Carlyn and Ben got on the platform.

"Stay here?" Carlyn asked as she pointed to her spot.

"Yes. Bippity boppity. One two, one two. Can everybody hear me?" FGM asked as everyone laughed and nodded.

"Yes."

"Ben."

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon? Thank you. Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon." Ben said as everyone cheered.

"Not like we had a choice." Queen Leah said as she rolled her eyes.

"It worked out pretty well for the last five." Ben said as Carlyn smiled.

"Yeah, especially for you." Chad said before Audrey looked at him.

"Really funny."

"Lyn, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life, but did I mention I'm in love with you?" Ben asked before Carlyn smiled.

Ben
I met this girl who rocked my world
Like it's never been rocked
And now I'm living just for her
And I won't ever stop
I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me
But now look at what you've done
You got me down on my knee

"Lyn, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?" Ben asked as everyone gasped.

"No!"

"Yes!" Carlyn smiled before Audrey almost fainted.

"Yes, yeah! I am so sorry." Carlos apologized after he did a chest bump with Adam.

"It's okay."

"I'm so sorry."

"Yeah!"

"Makes our movie nights seem a little tame." Doug said as he glanced at Evie.

"I love y—movies." Evie said as she looked away from him.

"Me too."

"Yeah."

"A lifetime of plans, gone. Our family status, gone. Audrey, you were supposed to be his queen and you let him slip through your fingers. Your mother could hold onto a prince in her sleep." Queen Leah said as she looked at her granddaughter.

"Don't you think I feel bad enough already, Grammy?" Audrey asked.

"Ben and Carlyn are the best. I'm so excited for Carlyn to be our queen." A girl said before Audrey looked at her.