twelve

"Let's bring it in, boys. Let's bring it in. You all know I come from the Isle, right? Where things are pretty whack. No, but there is one thing the Isle's got on Auradon. If you're strong, we want you by our side. Girl or boy." Jay said.

"Hey, Jay. Hold on here. We don't break the rules here in Auradon. That's over on the Isle." Chad said.

"The team shall be comprised of a captain and eight men. So give it up for your new team captain." Jay said before Lonnie walked in.

"Whoa!"

"What?"

"Thank you." Lonnie said before she looked at Chad, who didn't bow.

"Fine."

"Give me ten! Come on, guys. Pick it up, Chad. Nice form, Jay. Okay, practice is over. Get out of here. Go get ready for Cotillion. Hey, Jay." Lonnie called before he could leave.

"Yeah?"

"Wait until I tell my mom." Lonnie said before Jay smiled.

"Let's get out of here."

"Come in."

"I have a scout badge in s'mores! How could you go camping without me?" Doug asked after he walked into the dorm.

"What?"

"Are you seeing someone else? Are you?" Doug asked.

"No!"

"I'm gonna bounce." Mal said before she left.

"Is it Happy's son? Because let me tell you, he is not as happy as his dad. Kind of a dark streak in fact." Doug said.

"Doug, Ben was captured on the Isle. We rescued him and saved Auradon." Evie said.

"So you're not seeing Happy's son or anyone else?" Doug asked.

"Don't be dopey. Besides, we have dresses to deliver. It is Cotillion day, after all. You know what? I was lucky enough to have been given a chance and now I need to give someone else a chance, too." Evie said as she picked up some accessories.

"My Uncle Bashful used to say that." Doug asked as he went to one end of the cart.

"Did he?"

"Yeah, but really quietly." Doug said before they left.

"Come in." Carlyn called before Carlos walked in.

"Hey, baby sis." Carlos said with a small smile as he walked over to her bed.

"Hi." Carlyn said before Carlos sat by her.

"Are you okay?" Carlos asked before Carlyn shrugged.

"Eh."

"Jay told me that he'd take you back to the Isle if couldn't stand another day." Carlos said before Carlyn looked at him.

"He did?"

"Yeah, and if you absolutely need to go back, don't forget to tell me goodbye first, okay?" Carlos said before Carlyn smiled.

"Okay." Carlyn said before she hugged him and he kissed her on the head.

"Don't come to Cotillion unless you absolutely want to, okay?" Carlos said as he stood up.

"Okay."

"I gotta go, but I just wanted to stop by and check on you." Carlos said.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Carlyn asked.

"Well, I told you that if Ben doesn't love you for you, then he isn't the one." Carlos said.

"Yeah?"

"So if Jane doesn't like me for me, then she isn't the one. I'm gonna go see if she's the one. I love you, sissy." Carlos said before Carlyn smiled.

"I love you, too, Bubby." Carlyn said with a smile before Carlos smiled and left.

"Say no more."

"Jane. Jane. Jane! Hey, would you go to Cotillion with me?" Carlos asked after he found her.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure. We're all taking a stretch carriage over at six. No, no, no. The pen toppers
are in the port side cabin." Jane said into the phone.

"I mean with me." Carlos said.

"Yeah, want me to swing by your room? No, no, no. So when you're on the boat facing the left—yeah, yeah. Right. No, no, no. Not right, left." Jane said.

"This is gonna be tricky. Jane? Would you be my date for Cotillion? If you don't absolutely hate me by the end of it, would you consider maybe being more than friends? Maybe?" Carlos asked.

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend? Where we can hold hands instead of slugging each other all the time? And we can text and I can tell you how great you are? Because Carlos, you're really, really great and I'm the luckiest girl in the world! You're so nice and cute." Jane smiled.

"Me too! I'm the luckiest girl—guy. Luckiest guy." Carlos chuckled before Jane hugged him.

"Jane? Can you hear me?"

"Sorry. I'll see you later." Jane said before she walked away.

"Yeah. Totally." Carlos said.

"Good boy." Dude said.

"Come on, Dude. Let's go. Yes!" Carlos cheered before headed towards his room.

"Finally. What's that? Why no, Audrey. I haven't chosen my queen yet. Who could be calling me? Ohh! Audrey! Audrey!" Chad said as he dropped his phone after making a fake crown with Carlos's printer.

"Chad! This is my room, Chad! What?" Carlos sighed after Chad shushed him.

"Audrey? Yeah. Yeah? Well, yeah. That's wonderful news. She got a flat tire in Sherwood Forest and she wants me to go fix it." Chad said.

"That's six hours away." Carlos said.

"Really? Only six? I'm gonna be there faster
than I thought." Chad said before he got up to leave.

"Ah, ah. My printer, my crown." Carlos said as he took the crown off Chad's Head.

"Oh. Yeah, about that, I was j—right. I'm coming, Audrey!" Chad yelled as he left.

"Wow."