five

"Children, excuse me. As you know, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. Because your parents can't be here due to distance, we've arranged for a special treat." FGM said before the villains appeared on the screen.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear." Maleficent said.

"Kids!" FGM called before the group walked to the tv.

"Press enter."

"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? It's broken. I hate electronic equip—" Maleficent said before they saw the kids.

"Evie, it's Mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. You know what they say. The poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Evil Queen smiled as she looked at her daughter.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent asked.

"Oh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asked as she looked at FGM.

"This is Fairy Godmother." Carlyn said as she put her hand on the older woman's shoulder.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asked.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." FGM protested.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella til one am? I mean really. What? The hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Maleficent asked before the villains laughed.

"They were mice! They were mice." FGM said.

"Thank you so much. Thank you." Carlyn said as FGM walked away.

"Hi, Mom."

"Mal! I miss you." Maleficent stuttered.

"You children are never far from our thoughts." Jafar said.

"I got it. How long must Mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked.

"There's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after that." Mal said.

"When?"

"Friday, ten am." Carlyn said.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wan—you little nugget that I love so much." Maleficent said as she pointed at Mal.

"Yes, I completely understand, Mother." Mal said.

"Carlos, is that a dog? Yes, yes, baby. I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs." Cruella said as she pointed at Dude.

"He's the perfect size for a pet. This dog loves
me and Lyn and we love him. FYI, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!" Carlos said as Cruella gasped.

"Burn!"

"Good job." Carlyn said as Carlos gave her a small smile.

"Had to be done eventually." Carlos shrugged.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two bit salesman!" Cruella exclaimed.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones." Jafar said.

"Well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors." Cruella said before Jay turned the tv off.

"I'm so sorry." FGM apologized.

"Thanks for the special treat." Jay said.

"Of course." FGM said before the kids walked away.

"M? C? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we don't pull this off?" Evie asked.

"I think they'll be quietly disappointed in us,
but ultimately proud of us for doing our best." Mal said.