F O U R

I don't think his brain can process what I said.

He was shaking, his beefy hands clutching a fistful of hair, almost yanking them out by pulling it. I felt sorry for him. I shouldn't of laid him on with so much at the time. No, it were the two men's faults. Though it sucks being me. If Kevin understood why I was late, then he'd take pity on me.

He didn't see a gang of girls murdered.
He didn't get stopped by dodgy looking men.
He doesn't have an abusive father.
He isn't me.

I find myself in slight tears after that thought. Life is so hard being me. There's too much pressure on me. I sigh, tune back in to Kevin. He still hasn't processed what I said still. By the looks of it, he could burst any second. He is literally gonna explode.

Out of nowhere, he jabbed a sausage finger at me and poked me in the chest.
"HOW DARE YOU!" He screamed,  poking me once for each word. Then, silence. We stood in like 2 minutes silence. He turned to leave. Just when he put his hand on the handle, he turned smartly and snapped, "I hope you're happy. If this happens again you are to be sacked."

With that he brushed down his trousers and apron, and braced himself for a crowd of gaping people. He opened the door, and screamed. He caught me off guard. My head was bent down low in shame, but I almost broke my neck by jerking it upwards so fast. I rushed to his side, since his body was blocking most of the view. Helpful.

I wish I could say I was shocked. I really did. But I got used to the blood and gore an hour ago. This was why everyone was so quiet. They were all dead.

My eyes widened as they took it the giant massacre before us. Men, women, even children were all lying on the ground, dead. Their limbs detached and broken, bent in ways that weren't humanly possible. Blood covered every single inch of the diner, like the old wallpaper was replaced by this. I looked around frantically, searching for the two men that I knew were behind this. But I couldn't see them.

I looked at Kevin, wanting to ask if he was alright. That was stupid. Of course he isn't alright, he is witnessing blood and gore. My eyes glued onto a familiar group of people and a guy. Then it hit me. I was looking at the dead bodies of the most feared boy gang in school. 'The Bloodsucking Gang' they called themselves. Honestly, they could've done a better job on their name. It was the most cringiest name I had heard of ever. The Bloodsucking Gang consisted on 5 boys in our year. Dillan, Tom, Frank, Jack and Dylan. They were all very good looking if I don't say so myself. But I had no chance. Rather, they had no chance. They were way  out of my league. They were playboys. Each week every boy had a new 'puppy' as I liked to call them.
A 'puppy' was a pretty girl that followed their boy around like a lapdog, pampering them and fulfilling their needs when they want something. It was shocking. Tom wanted me to be his puppy but I refused. Worst then that, he did it in front of everyone else. All eyes were on me.

I said no.
Tom looked like he had been hit in the head with a hammer. To be honest he already looked like he had ( OH DAMN! ).Gasps erupted from the crowd. They were shocked. Not at me, but at Tom because he got rejected. No girl ever rejects Tom. NO girl. But I did. With that, I sauntered off to the girls bathroom, a line of girls following me with their new found respect. I was the talk of the school. Every boy wanted me now.
I still said no.
but I didn't say no to one guy. One guy that laid here in the blood and gore, dead. His name was Jason. He was a jock. He joined right in the middle of the year, but it wasn't long before he got whiff of my reputation. And then he wanted me. All though, who wouldn't want him? Blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect color of rose on his cheeks, perfect smile, and a great kisser too.

He was incredibly fit, and girls followed him whenever they saw him. They had eyes for him. He only had eyes for me. I felt the connection when he looked at me. My senses tingled and I knew I had to have him. I wanted him more than anything else in the world. He was the reason I didn't die. He gave me the will to live. But I don't have a will to live anymore. He's gone. No one cares about me now.

I stepped forward, my trainers instantly soaked in blood. Groaning, I tip-toed over to the entrance. I tried my hardest to not take in the metallic stench of the blood.  I walked right up to his body, bending over to stroke his cheek. Uncontrollable tears slid down my cheeks, creating a river through my makeup. I laid my head on his chest, not caring about the blood on my head. Then I heard it.

A scream. A terrifying scream of pain.

My head whipped round back to the staff door.

Two pairs of yellow eyes met mine. Then it was my turn to scream.