Dread

Danny sat on the end of the large couch, desperately trying to ignore the other two sitting nearby. Or, more specifically, the game they were playing. Doom. The game he had played so many times with Sam and Tucker. Their terrified faces flashed through his mind's eye, causing his breath to hitch. His internal struggles were abruptly put to an end when an alarm went off, red lights flashing. Danny jumped, head snapping up.

   "Titans! Plasmas!" Robin called, running into the living room. "Danny, will you be alright while we deal with him?" Robin asked, turning towards the white haired boy. Danny nodded silently, still shaken from the loud alarm the Tower had. Robin nodded, choosing to ignore the suspicious look Cyborg gave Danny. The Titans quickly left, running (or flying,) out of the automatic doors.

   Danny just sat there, breathing a sigh of relief when the alarm finally shut itself off. He continued to sit, waiting for his heart rate to slow. Eventually, Danny calmed himself enough to stand, slowly making his way out of the room.

Despite the fact that he had been out of that facility for over a month, he was still weak. Far too weak, in Danny's opinion. While many of the physical wounds had long since healed, their affect still lingered. Every brush of Danny's basic t-shirt against his skin made him flinch slightly. He hated this. He hated how paranoid he had become. How weak. It was pathetic.

Eventually, Danny reached his destination; the bathroom. He opened the plain grey door, forcing the toxic thoughts from his mind. He didn't bother looking into the mirror he passed on his way to the shower. Danny didn't think he could look at himself, couldn't bear to see the many scars littering his body. He stripped, stepping into the large shower. Danny tried not to think, staring at the plain white tiles in front of him. He refused to give into the painful memories as he washed his hair. He wouldn't give into the memories, even though he could clearly remember the disgusting feeling of blood matted in his white locks.

Stepping out of the shower, he wrapped a towel around his thin waist, ignoring his protruding hip bones. Danny started to walk out of the bathroom, but something caught his eye in his reflection. A very specific scar, from when he was first brought into the GIW. Danny hadn't exactly been compliant when they captured him, much to the GIW's annoyance. One of the agents finally lost patience when Danny bit his hand, managing to draw blood, staining his pristinely white suit. The agent had grabbed the closest tool, an ecto-infused scalpel, and ran it down the side of Danny's face, from eyebrow to jawline. It was excruciating. The wound wouldn't have scarred, that is, if the agent hadn't reopened it whenever he saw Danny. Just looking at the large scar caused it to sting.

Suddenly, an otherworldly mist escaped from Danny's mouth. However, it wasn't the usual icy blue that indicated a nearby ghost. No, this was a neon green, a mist Danny didn't recognise. Just as suddenly as the mist, a gut wrenching fear invaded his thoughts. Danny could only think one thing; The Titans are in danger!

~~~~~~~~~~Line~Break~~~~~~~~

Robin was becoming increasingly more irritated as the fight continued. Somehow, Plasmus had woken earlier that day, and was going on a rampage in the prison. Unfortunately for anyone trying to detain him, most of the power for the prison functions came from a radioactive substance. The exact substance that made the purple mass more powerful.

Assuming the Titans survived this, they were going to have a long conversation with whoever ran this prison.

"Yo! Slimer!" Came the annoyed shout of Cyborg. As soon as the creature turned it massive head towards the older teen, Cybrog put the cannon built into his arm to good use. The blue beam shot through the thing's middle, giving Robin just enough time to throw a subzero bomb into it's chest cavity. Thankfully, that was enough to knock the thing out, revealing the sleeping human underneath.

   "We are victorious!" Starfire cried in delight, flying down beside Robin.

   "Yeah." Robin said with a slight smile. "We should head back. I don't want to leave Danny alone for too long." He said with a sigh. A gasp from behind him cause Robin to whirl around. A few paces behind Starfire was Beast Boy in the fetal position on the ground, shaking. Above him, Raven was floating, holding the sides of her head in pain.

   "Beast Boy! Raven! What's wrong?" Robin asked, rushing over to the two. Raven fell from the sky, Starfire barely managing to catch her in time. Robin kneeled beside Beast Boy.

   "What the hell?" Cybrog cried from behind him. "Robin! The atmospheric pressure is all over the place! I've never seen this before!" He said in confusion.

"What is going on?" Robin asked, now holding a shaking Beast Boy. What was this? And why did it only affect Raven and Beast Boy? Perhaps because of Beast Boy's animal DNA? Then why was Raven affected?

"Friend Danny!" Starfire said. Robin's head shot up at this. Sure enough, he saw the white haired teen flying in their direction.

"Danny?" Robin asked in confusion. What was he doing here? And how did he have enough power to fly? The kid could barely walk, so how could he have enough power to fly, especially at that speed? Robin hated how many questions he had, in several matters, with so few answers.

"Get out of here!" Robin heard Danny shout, his voice severely breaking. "GET OUT!" He screamed frantically.

In that same moment, Robin felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise, Beast Boy's shaking increased to the point that he was practically vibrating, and Raven cried out in pain. The boy wonder slowly turned around, unable to do anything but stare. Just behind Cybrog was a giant mass of swirling green. Though Robin had no idea what it was, he knew it wasn't good. It just felt wrong. Robin only vaguely heard Danny's shouts, unable to look away. Robin only regained control of himself when he saw Cybrog begin to get sucked into the strange mass. He cried out his friend's name, seeing a black and white blur shoot past him, towards Cyborg. In a mere second, both Cybrog and Danny had disappeared into the swirling void.

What was left of the team could only stare in shock horror at the place where the strange green mass had been.