Alpan

Danny woke with a groan, his body aching all over. For the second time, he woke up wondering what the hell happened to him? Slowly, memories of battling with Plasmus returned, followed by what met him upon entering his room. His head shot up, desperately trying to figure out where he was, to no avail. His surroundings were unfamiliar, much to Danny's growing frustration. Glancing down, he saw that he was sat in a glowing chair. Chains on his wrists, ankles, and waist kept him in the strange furniture. The half ghost's attention was quickly brought to a door he hadn't noticed in the bare room.

"So, I see you are awake." Came an airy voice. Danny's eyes widened when he saw who the voice came from. It was that strange woman he had seen! Though, he could now see her fierce red eyes, reminding him flames.

"What do you want from me? Who are you?" Danny growled from where he sat, glaring harshly at the pale woman. Danny, despite his predicament, didn't feel any fear. It was strange, all he felt was rage.

"It's rather rude of you not to give a greeting before you begin asking questions." She said calmly, deadly serious. Danny, however, just glared. After several moments, she sighed. "I suppose I haven't given much reason for you to be polite." Danny snorted at this. It was a vast understatement, if you asked him. "My name is Alpan, to answer your question. I've brought you here because I need your help." Once again, Danny snorted.

"And you couldn't think of any other way to ask?" He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Alpan didn't respond to his sarcasm, whether she heard it or not was beyond Danny.

"Will you help me?" She asked, her fiery eyes seeming solemn. This of course, raised Danny's suspicions.

"What do you need help with? " Danny asked with an eyebrow raised. At his question, she sighed.

"Humanity," she started, "has grown out of control." Danny's eyes widened, he went to speak, but Alpan continued. "Please, you must understand, I have existed for a very long time. I witnessed the prehistoric fish learn to live on land. I watched as the first man-made flame blazed. I've seen humanity blossom since the very beginning. And I've seen how corrupt they've become." Her eyes blazed as she spoke. "The backhanded deals, the pain they give each other, the innate selfishness." She spat. Her next words made Danny freeze. "You have experienced this firsthand, Danny."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Danny snapped, praying that she wouldn't continue. His prayers went unanswered.

"Do you not remember the Guys in White? How they tortured you for two years? How they mocked you?" She walked up to Danny, bringing a hand up to caress his face, much to his displeasure. "How could you forget? The scars you bear tell the story without you having to say a word."

"Shut up!" He shouted, glaring up at her, wanting nothing more than for her to stop touching him. To stop fucking touching that scar.

"Doesn't it make you angry? Don't you hate how weak they made you? Nightmares of those years still haunt you." Damn it! Why wouldn't she just shut the fuck up! Of course he was angry! Of course he hated how weak he'd become! He used to be strong! He used to be able to protect those he loved! He didn't need her to fucking shove it in his face! His expression must have given away his thoughts, as she continued. "I can help you," She whispered, leaning forward. "All you have to do is help me. Help me rid the world of its corruption."

"Why do you need my help?" Danny asked. "You said it yourself; I'm weak. There are plenty of stronger ghosts who would've been easier to get to. So why?" He demanded, anger steadily growing. Alpan leaned back, finally stepping away from Danny.

"Danny, have you still not realized? You strength is limitless! Unmatched in the Ghost Zone and in the Living World!" She exclaimed. Danny just stared at her, confused. "You truly do not know the true power of being a halfa?" Danny's blank face was answer enough. "You draw energy from both planes of existence. You have the all of the power of the Living World, and all the power of the Ghost Zone combined!"

"Why me." Danny interrupted. "Why not Plasmius? He's a halfa, so why me?" He once again demanded, voice rising.

"He is weak compared to you. His powers lay in jealousy and personal gain. He gained his powers from a prototype, much like he was himself. You, however, were created from a full scale, man-made portal. Your dual obsessions drive you to become more powerful than any other ghost, or any other man." She explained, her fiery eyes lighting up. "Please, will you help me?"

  Danny wanted to say yes. After all, she was right. How often had he been wronged when he only wanted to help? How many times did he come home with new bruises and scars from other people? The GIW took him away when he was still grieving, for christ's sake! He couldn't have defended himself if he had wanted to! He should help Alpan. Help get rid of the hate, the pain, the corruption. If he helped her-

"Hands off my little brother!"

Danny tensed at the memory of his sister.

"Because I promised my family!"

No-

"You're safe now."

The final memory of the Titans made him realise what he was doing. What was he thinking?

"I'm inevitable."

Finally, Danny spoke to the pale woman, who was waiting patiently for his answer.

"No." He said, taking Alpan aback. "I refuse to help you." Danny said quietly, not allowing himself to become like the monster that killed his family. That killed his friends.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Alpan spoke quietly, her airy voice carrying across the room. "I had hoped I wouldn't have to resort to this."

"Do wha-" before he could finish, she shot over to him, putting a burning hand to his forehead. And before he could say another word, Danny's entire world exploded in pain.