Confrontations

"Danny, get back to the Tower!" Robin shouted, stepping in front of the still exhausted teen. He stood protectively, glaring at Alpan with every ounce of hatred he felt. "Go!"

   "No, I can still fight Robin," Danny said breathlessly, trying desperately to get to his feet. "This is my fight-"

   "No, you have to go! Now!" Robin ordered. "Starfire, get Danny back to the Tower!" The Tameranian quickly complied, apologizing profusely as she all but dragged Danny away.

   "Oh, come now Little Bird, let Daniel stay. There is still so much fun to be had." She said, her wispy voice carrying to each of the Titans clearly. "Isn't that right, Danny? Don't you remember all the fun we had? Recruiting ghosts, destroying those who stood against us?"

   Memories came to Danny unbidden. He let out a pained cry as Starfire slowed, checking for his wellbeing. Memories he didn't know he had were pulled to the surface. Memories of beating lesser ghost into submission, putting any that couldn't be convinced out of commission. Memories of shouts of pain as they were forcibly altered to fit Alpan's will. Memories of nearly obliterating pacifistic ghosts. He wanted them to stop. Please, just stop!

   "Danny!" Came the near panicked cry from Starfire, having been forced from the sky by Danny's pain. "Please, what causes you such terrible pain?" Her concern, and near frantic words were met with a pained cry from Danny. Though, it was no longer from the invading memories.

   "Starfire!" Robin barked. It would normally be far too aggressive, but she understood. Robin was scared for Danny.

   "Danny~" Alpan cooed at the halfa, her voice mocking. "Won't you come back?"

   "Shut up." Danny sat up, waving Starfire away. "You forced me," he growled now, volume quickly rising, "you forced me to be your fucking puppet!" His anger once again fueled him, though Danny took no notice of this. All he knew was that he was fucking pissed.

   "Come now Daniel, we both know the inevitable." Danny froze, his anger still apparent. He wouldn't become that monster, he swore that the moment he knew of his existence. They're still dead. You've already hurt so many. A voice whispered in the back of his mind. "Do you really think these children will stand by you? Help you grow stronger, when they learn of your future? I can give you power, keep you from the pain of their future betrayal."

   Danny would never willingly join her, he knew that much. But maybe she was right. How could they ever trust-

   "Shut up." Raven bit out, throwing metal beams that had been upturned during the previous battles at her. "No future is inevitable."

   "No Titan will ever be abandoned." Beast Boy said, still panting from the portal being opened.

   "No ability'll be looked down on," Cyborg shouted, shooting off a sonic blast.

   "And none of us will let you take Danny again," Robin bellowed. "Titans! Go!"

   The fight began. The Titans charged, barring Starfire; she was left to guard the still reeling Danny. The sounds of battle went unheard to the half ghost. Did they know? About Dan? About what their death meant?

   Danny watched on, though not truly seeing the battle that was taking place. Raven and Beast Boy attacked Alpan almost directly head on, at least when they could land a hit, while Cyborg and Robin assisted from the ground. The growing frustration from the two was almost palpable. Danny was finally snapped out of his stupor when a pained cry from Beast Boy rang through the air.

   "Beast Boy!" Danny shouted, flying past Starfire in his hast to catch the changeling. Just before he hit some rather sharp rocks jutting from the ground, Danny caught him. Beast Boy's tense body relaxed upon the comforting aura radiating from the halfa. Danny righted the green boy, making sure that he could stand properly, before flying off to the fight.