Raven

Danny jerked, shooting up in his bed. His head whipped around, recognizing his surroundings as the Medic Ward in Titans Tower. Leaning back, he let out a sigh; another nightmare. Though, Danny thought, he should be used to this by now. After all, he'd been having them for years.

They always started the same. Danny was running, running as fast as he could. He knew he had to get there now. After what felt like an eternity of running, he finally arrived, but immediately wished he hadn't. He was in a plain grey room, nothing but red staining the walls. At his feet were the bloody corpses of his friends and family. Though, as Danny now realized, there were several more bodies than his other nightmares. Instead of just the mutilated bodies of Tucker, Sam, and his family, the Titans were also strewn across the room. A menacing laugh sounded behind him, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on end. Danny slowly turned, horrified at the sight in front of him. Standing before him was the older version of himself, covered in blood. Only, it wasn't Dan's blood. The older man cackled again at Danny's look of horror. Slowly, Dan strode forward. Danny wanted to move. Dammit, he wanted to run! But he could only kneel there. When did he drop to his knees? Dan stopped directly in front of him. Looking up, he saw the menacing grin of a madman.

"I'm what you have to look forward to." His smirk deepened. "I'm inevitable."

And that's how the nightmare would end, Danny usually waking up screaming. Danny's had it since the day his family died, and throughout his time at the GIW compound. The agents certainly didn't appreciate being awoken to the sound of screaming, especially when it wasn't them who caused the scream in the first place. And, though Danny consciously knew that Titans wouldn't have the same reaction, there was still that conditioned fear of pain for crying out in his sleep. And when he heard the door to the Medic Ward open, he couldn't help tense. It wasn't until he heard the voices of both Raven and Robin that he relaxed, ever so slightly.

"-careful. He is still in pain." Came the voice of Raven, her voice still monotone as ever. Danny felt the urge to scoff, though he resisted. Honestly, did they think that a damn dream had made him deaf? He heard footsteps approach his bed, and, despite himself, he flinched when a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"Danny?" Came the soft, annoyingly gentle voice of Robin. "You okay? Your heart monitor was erratic." He said, removing his hand from Danny's shoulder. This time, Danny did scoff. Seriously he wasn't fucking glass!

"I'm fine." Danny said shortly, not wanting to deal with the overwhelming sense of pity coming from the boy wonder. This elicited a sigh from the other boy, obviously picking up on the hostility coming off Danny in waves. With a momentary glance back at Danny, he left. However, Raven did not follow Robin. God, why wouldn't they just leave him alone? He just wanted to be left alone!

"You're lying." Was all Raven said after Robin left, but it was enough. Danny tensed, a million thoughts racing through his mind, but not one word coming out. While her words were rather obvious, it was the tone she used. She knew. She fucking knew. Danny wasn't entirely sure what, but it was something she had no business knowing.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said after a few moments. She frowned at this. What she said next shocked Danny.

"When you were first brought in, I couldn't sense your emotions. It wasn't until you said you were half ghost that I realized that was why. Until tonight. You're half human, aren't you." She said, making Danny tense impossibly more. It wasn't even what she said, it was the way she said it. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Undeniable. Danny couldn't find his voice, no matter how hard he tried. Raven nodded, continuing her monologue. "I won't tell the others. That's up to you. However, you should know that no future is inevitable, no matter how you have been told otherwise." With that, she left. Leaving Danny utterly shocked at how much she knew. But, even more so, that she said she wouldn't tell the others. Could Danny trust her? Guess he would find that out later, when he inevitably saw the other Titans. But, for some reason, he believed Raven. Believed she wouldn't tell the others about what she knew.

   It wasn't until later that bDanny realised that, not only did she know of his human half, but somehow she knew what occurred within his own dream.

A/n: Thank you guys so much for 4K!!!!! Be sure to leave a comment on what you think of the story, I love to hear your feedback!