Chapter 5

Tris POV

When I get to the dining hall, the only thing that I can think about is that my secret may be at stake. I realize then that I have missed dinner. Its okay, I'm not that hungry anyway.

Christina runs up to me and says, "There you are! Where have you been?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"I wasn't hungry so I took a walk." Not fully a lie, but a lie nonetheless.

"Whatever," she says harshly. "Anyway, I'm surprised that Four didn't break you in half. He scares me. It's that quiet voice he uses."

"Yeah he's..." He doesn't scare me at all, but I remember what I said last time, "definitely intimidating."

We walk out of the dining hall with Al and Will. As we get to the Pit, Al turns around and says, "I want to get a tattoo."

We continue to talk about tattoos and Will's comment makes me roll my eyes even though I knew it was coming.

----------------------------------------------------

Christina takes me shopping and I pretend that I have absolutely no clue how to look good. I didn't at the time. She has taught me well.

"Come on," I say. "Let's go watch Al get tattooed."

We head to the tattoo parlor and see Tori. I don't ask her any questions this time. I know everything that I need to know about my Divergence. I simply stay silent as she tattoos three ravens on my collarbone. But this time, the tattoo means something different. Instead of it representing the family that I left behind, it represents the family that I have now.

I still have one for my mom and one for my dad. But instead of Caleb, the raven closest to my heart represents Tobias. He is more my family than Caleb will ever be. I may have died so that he could live, but he is a traitor. I hope that I don't have to see him in this life.

Speaking of which, I just remembered that I need to tell Tobias what I saw in the training room. "Hey guys," I say. "I'm going to take a walk. I just want some time alone. See y'all tonight."

"Okay," Will says. "Have fun."

I leave the parlor and head to Tobias's apartment. I knock and he opens it. He ushers me inside.

"Hey," he says. He notices the worried look in my eyes. "Tris, what's wrong?"

Tobias POV

I get back to the apartment after training and fall asleep. I am awoken hours later by a knock at my door. I am about to tell them to go away when I see very looking Tris outside my door.

I quickly usher her inside and say, "Hey. Tris, what's wrong?"

"Tobias, I'm scared," she says sitting on the foot of my bed.

"What happened?"

"In the training room, when you were asking me about the fights, we weren't alone."

"What?" is all I can manage to say.

"After you left, I saw someone run out the door. I tried to follow them, but they were to fast. I didn't get a face. Whoever it was, they saw and heard everything. Our talk, when you kissed my cheek, and the 'I love you,' everything."

All I can do is stare. I don't know what to say. I eventually decide on, "Maybe you're just paranoid. Maybe no one was there and it was just your imagination." I have made my way to the bed beside her. I can only hope that what I said is true, even though I don't fully believe myself.

Tris rests her head on my shoulder and says, "Maybe. I love you. More than anything."

"I love you too. So much," I reply, bringing her lips to mine. I still feel a jolt of energy every time I touch her. We kiss for what feels like hours, but was only a few minutes. I don't care. I'm just glad to have her in my arms.

"I need to head back," she says when we pull apart for air.

"No, please. Stay with me."

"I can't. My friends will be looking for me."

"Yeah. See you tomorrow.

"See you tomorrow. Bye," she says as she leaves my apartment, and I feel empty when she isn't near me. I just hope that we are successful in stopping this war, so that we can have a normal life together.

I lay in bed that night and just think. I think about everything. Tris, the war, what Tris told me, all of it. With these thoughts, I drift off to sleep.

Tris POV

When I get back to the dormitory, everyone else is in bed. Except Christina. She is sitting on my bed, wide awake, staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Where have you been?"

"I told you, I went for a walk."

"Whatever. Just so you know, I'm not stupid, Tris." and with that, she gets up and goes to her bunk. What was that all about? I think about all that went on today. The person in the training room, Christina, Tobias. I let these thoughts lull me to sleep.