0.1

"Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms"

━━━

        Zayn walks quickly through the crowded streets of London, occasionally bumping into people. He supposes he should have taken the bus, but walking felt better than sitting on a bus, probably cramped with too many people.

        A particularly harsh bump makes him stumble slightly; Zayn doesn't bother to look at who, they've probably already moved on, but he mutters a sorry to whoever it was anyway before continuing on his way.

        He was on his way to Louis'. He'd promised his friend that he would come over for a movie night with the promise of junk food and popcorn.

        While thinking of what movie they'd be watching, Zayn comes to stand at a crosswalk and takes a glance upwards. What he sees causes his breath catches in his throat. 

        Liam.  

        Liam is standing there on the other side of the sidewalk, a pang of hurt stings Zayn's heart. He hadn't seen Liam in nearly a week, he thought he'd gotten past this, but he was so wrong.

         Zayn averts his gaze when Liam pecks his new boyfriend's cheek. Harry Styles. It had been almost a month and he still wasn't over his ex-lover. It's what Zayn notices that really makes his heart hurt. 

"Only a month we've been a part,
you look happier"

        Liam looks happier, happier than when he was with Zayn. It's been a month and already Liam looks happier. He dares another look and his eyes for a split second meet Noah's. The best friend of Liam's since Zayn could remember. Zayn looks away quickly, he doesn't wait to see Noah intense stare boring into him as he stands there.

        Noah and Zayn didn't get along, they're polar opposites that couldn't really get along. Zayn just dealt with him; he'd tried at first to be friends, but Noah was someone he just couldn't get along with.

        Zayn keeps his head lowered, as he crosses the street, making sure not to make eye contact with anyone. He hears Liam's voice along with Noah's as they pass, but Zayn blocks it out. He just needed to get past them and he would be fine.

        When he did get past them, he realized he wasn't as fine as he wished he was.

━━

What did you think?
Rewriting this, I like it much better like this. Do you?

ɢʀᴇʏ™