0.6

"Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you"

━━━

        Zayn huffs, still slumped in a chair in the corner of the room, a half-empty bottle of booze sitting next to the chair. The apartment that Zayn and Liam shared was mostly barren besides the large furniture and little trinkets here and there.

        The apartment was still in Zayn's name, the rent paid up till next month. Zayn knows he's gonna have to either sell everything else here or leave it for the apartment manager to deal with.

        He frowns, seeing a jacket laying across the back of the couch, but it wasn't is.

        Zayn can't stop himself from going back to the day when they had ended it, or at least when Liam had ended it.

*Flashback*

        "No, don't" Liam muttered as he stepped away from Zayn when the older male tried to reach for him.

        Zayn stopped and stared at his lover in distress, he wanted to fix them, "Liam, please." Zayn murmured. Liam shook his head and walked closer until he's directly in front of Zayn.

        "Zayn, I can't...I can't keep doing this, these fights are...draining; we're just hurting each other." Liam said softly. The younger male must have realized acting hostile wasn't helping.

        Liam reached to touch Zayn's shoulder, but the older male stepped back quickly. Liam sighed, "Zayn please, I don't want to make this difficult." He said.

        Zayn nods, "Okay." He says, eyes darkening as he crossed his arms over his chest and he took another step back.

        Liam had just stared at him for a moment longer, "I-I'm going to stay at Noah's, just so you know," He had said, but Zayn didn't respond or say anything for that matter has Liam had put his shoes on and left.

*Flashback end*

      Zayn shakes his head; it's in the past now. It had to be.

"Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier,
Aren't you?"

        Zayn picks up the empty bottle of booze, it's only been a day and he was back sitting in the same place. He had decided to sleep here, passing out on the couch.

        After he'd woken up, nearly past noon. He had talked to Mason on the phone as Louis wasn't answering his phone. Mason said Louis was down at the bar with Niall, helping him with some party or event. Mason sounded rushed as he spoke. Mason had a day off, but Zayn could hear he was with someone.

        Zayn had closed his eyes as he asked, "Noah is there, isn't he?"

         Mason has stuttered his way through a goodbye before hanging up. Zayn chuckles, shaking his head at the thought. He knew Mason and Noah would work it out sooner or later. He just hopes they don't crash and burn.

        Crashing and Burning was what happened to him and Liam.

        Zayn thought about it all the time, telling himself when there was no one around that Liam was happier, he was happier without Liam. Like right now, he thought about it, telling himself that Liam was Happier, Liam was happier with Harry and away from him.

        Could I be happier? Zayn asks himself. It was possible.

        Mason said to take it in steps. Zayn thought and he knew the first step.

        Pulling himself to his feet, Zayn takes a look around the old apartment. He lays the key on the counter and leaves, closing the door behind him and he told himself that he wouldn't go back. That place wasn't home anymore.

       Zayn would call Noah when he got back to his own apartment and tell Noah that Liam could go back and take whatever was left because he didn't need to go back. Not anymore.

━━
Ohh, is Zayn moving on?
Maybe.

ɢʀᴇʏ™