1.0

"But if he breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you"

━━━

        "You're actually smiling, not like grimace that you do," Liam says, leaning his head against the wall.

        Zayn huffs, "I don't grimace," He grumbles, taking a glance at Liam; a small smile on his lips.

        Liam chuckles, shaking his head, "Has Lou been pushing you to dating websites yet?" He asks and Zayn sighs dramatically, earning a giggle from Liam.

       "After yesterday, the brat came back and showed me this dating website so I smacked him with a pillow," Zayn says and Liam grins widely, shaking his head.

        "That does sound like Lou," Liam laughs and Zayn nods.

        "Unfortunately," Zayn grumbles earning another laugh and watching Liam laugh, Zayn didn't know he could have this. Have a friendship with Liam without feeling angry or upset, but here he is.

        "Hey, Zee, Li, you guys still alive over there, you want to join a game of mario kart?" Noah calls, before snapping at someone to quit complaining as they weren't playing first.

        "Hey, we'll be right there," Zayn calls back, glancing at Liam.

        "We should go before Noah comes and drags us out," Zayn says and Liam nods, grinning.

        They walk to the entrance of the kitchen and Zayn takes Liam's arm gently in his grasp, "Hey, Li," Zayn murmurs and Liam shifts slightly yo look at him.

        Liam tilts his head, "Yeah, Zee," He asks.

        Zayn inclines his head towards the living room, "You know, I'm always here for you," He says, leaving the implication there.

       Zayn's glad when Liam smiles and leans over, pecking his cheek, "I know, Zee," He whispers, "Always,"

        Zayn smiles gently, nudging Liam forward, "Come on then, or Noah will bitch at us," He says.

       "I heard that," Noah calls as they come into sight, Noah glaring at them.

        Zayn snickers, dropping into the recliner next to Louis as Liam takes his place in between Niall and Harry, "I'm not wrong, am I?" Zayn teases and Noah flips him off.

        Zayn laughs and settles back into the chair, laying his head on Louis's shoulder.

        Noah and Niall go first in plating a round of mario kart.

        Zayn meets Liam's gaze once more and Liam nods, a small playing on his lips.

        Zayn smiles back, "Always," He mouths and Liam dips his head slightly.

        Then Zayn knows that he'll always have a place in Liam's heart that will never go away. If Liam's heart breaks, he knows that Zayn will always be there to patch him up. 

        Always.

━━

THE END.

Don't kill me, I know they didn't get back together, but it's really an open-ending story...
use your imagination. 

;)