06. The Power Puff Girls.

Brian stared up at the ceiling.

  It needed renovation. There were birds chirping outside. Why did they have to chirp? Why couldn't they just stay mute and fly? Why couldn't a fish sing? Oh, bigger question - how does a fish reproduce?

  What the hell was he thinking about?

  Blinking the daze off, he tried to concentrate on the throbbing pain in his stomach, wondering how many organs he'd lost. A kidney, pancreas, gall bladder and a few bones. He'd live, right?

  Students who were left in the cafeteria rushed to his side, pulling him up in the process. As soon as he sat up, he felt a pressure digging on the left side of his stomach, making him groan in pain.

  Opposite to him, he noticed Aiden, who was now clutching on his bleeding nose with one hand and muttering a string of colourful words he didn't know the he was capable of. Brian felt a sadistic smile creeping up his lips. A crooked nose would look great with that pretty face of his. Violet owed him a thanks.

  Summer ran to him, desperately trying to hide a smile. "Are you okay?"

  Brian grunted in response.

  Summer knelt down next to him, giggling slightly. "She's awesome."

  Brian grunted again.

  "I like her."

  Brian snorted this time. "Hate to break this to you, Late Autumn, but Lavender doesn't swing your way."

  She clicked her tongue. "What a waste!"

  What happened, you might ask. Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

  They were at school, running from class to class, trying their best to keep up with the storming schedule and keeping their heads out of the clouds. Just like everyone, Brian had walked up to his calculus class, the only one he had shared with Violet, with a nasty mood.

  Last night, he had seen what had happened between Violet and Aiden, and needless to say, that was the main reason for his foul mood. Well, that and Aiden's smug smirk every time they had crossed each other.

  Oh, how desperately he wished to eliminate that thing from the face of the beautiful mother earth!

  Upon reaching the class, automatically, his eyes drifted away to Violet, who was busy scrolling through her phone. Her blonde hair was kept down in a French braid, with a few streaks kept loose to frame her face. Brian wanted to reach out and tuck those stray pieces...

  As if feeling his eyes in her, Violet looked up and met Brian's eyes, offering him a polite half-smile. Brian didn't return her smile, seeing how formal it was, and made his way to the empty seat behind her. Unfortunately, that was the sitting arrangement, no matter how much he wanted to avoid the girl in front of him.

  Violet turned around. "Hey. How are you?"

  Brian averted his gaze. "Great," he replied, fishing through the pages of his Calculus textbook, which he had to admit, had never been touched before. How he had passed his exams, even he didn't know.

  Violet noticed the sarcasm in his tone. She couldn't help but worry. "Anything bothering you?"

  "What do you think?"

  Brian hadn't meant to snap at her, but he couldn't help it. The image of Violet wrapping her arms around Aiden in the balcony kept flashing in his head. Only if he could delete that memory.

  Violet frowned, her inner self kicking in. "What I think is that you need help, Brian. Be straight with me if talking to me annoys you. I've seen how you've been acting since the morning. What, are you on your period? Even us girls don't PMS as much as you did today."