Chapter One: Her Chibi Life

After Spain had defeated Tenochtitlán, his people started colonizing the place and named it Mexico. He had long forgotten about this piece of land he had claimed as his own and the citizens and the natives combined together and started forming their own culture. With the last ship of resources Spain had sent before he dismissed it, Mexico was born.

     A little girl sat underneath the cool shade a tall tree provided at the top of a hill covered in emerald grass with her ocelot laying on her left side while her jaguar laid on her right side. Her tiny lips formed a line as her cold calculating  (e/c) eyes scanned the horizon where it would kiss the sun in a few hours. A gentle breeze rustled her silky (h/c) hair, dancing with the leaves and blades of emerald grass. She then carefully took out her dog tag from underneath her white dress. It said 'Mexico' on the first one and '(y/n) Gomez' on the second one. She finally decided to get up from her spot and walked down the hill towards her pueblo.

Meanwhile in Spain...

     "Spain, when are you going to take charge with your land back southwest eh?" My boss asked quizzically.

     "¿De que estas ablando?" I asked him, my boss just groaned in irritations as she face palmed.

     "Remember the war with Tenochtitlán?" He asked hopeful. My brows furrowed together as I searched my memory until I finally let out an 'oh'.

     "Puedo ir hoy si tú quieres." I suggest to him nonchalantly. He sighs and nods in agreement.

*Magical time skip brought to you by Italy's PAAASTAAA!*

     "Good thing I did some research on Mexico." I muttered to myself. I walked through the pueblo watching as everyone worked together in harmony. Mothers, grandmothers, brothers and sisters all worked together swiftly in preparing a mouthwatering smell of food. I walked down the stone road and I finally entered the market. The stands were filled with colourfull fruit, candies, exotic drinks and more. The place is called 'El Mercadillo', a lively place if you ask me.

     After walking around El Mercadillo,  I walked down streets where residences lay beautifully.

     "Este lugar es muy bonito. Why did I never come here más temprano?" I questioned myself. I continued walking through the residence till I found a more lively neighbourhood. There was actually a little park in the middle so I decided to sit on one of the beautifully crafted benches and watched as the kids played what I think I recall England saying was football. As I watched with a smile the children playing I noticed that they stopped abruptly facing towards and approaching figure. I raised and eyebrow in confusion until I could finally see the figure was a small girl, no older than 5 walking down the street with a jaguar and an ocelot each at her side. One by one she greeted the kids and adults and they greeted back with such respect. I gawked at the scene unfolding before me as she approached me.

     "¿Hola. Que te trae por aquí?" The little girl asked me. By the way she stood was more than enough to show me that this girl has confidence and authority around here.

     "La curiosidad." I state simply.

     "¿Como te llamas y de donde eres?" She asked me.

     "Yo soy España, el país. Pero mi nombre es Antoñio Fernández Carriedo. What is your name, chica?" I asked her happily.

     "I am México, or (y/n) Gomez. A pleasure to meet you." She says holding out a hand. We shook hands and she sat down on the bench I currently sat on.

     "Will you take me under your wing?" She asks me suddenly. My eyes widen in surprise at her sudden question, but I then smile at her innocent figure overlooking her people.

     "Gladly, chica." I tell her softly. She looks up at me with watery eyes in disbelief until she finally gives me a strong hug.

     "I know what you were feeling, chica. You felt alone as you battled to keep you and your people alive. But don't worry little one. I promise that papa is going to help you grow big and strong, chica." I muttered to her reassuringly.

     That day I met Mexico, I kept my promise to her. She was my little daughter after all. She was not like any of the other chibi countries. She was downright intelligent, hardworking, tough, and fairly ambivert. What surprised me was how mature she acted. It's like, when you're 5 years old, you're usually childish because, you're a kid, right? But we did have our little moments when we hug and spend quality bonding time. After a while, we became very close. But once she reached the age of 13, she decided she wanted to be her independent country. Now I know how England felt with America. I didn't want to lose her, so I forbid it. We went to war until finally, she won. I had no choice. It felt as if though my heart were ripped to shreds. But at least we never held a grudge against each other. I realized it was selfish to think that I could keep my little girl with me forever. But at least she had lived with me and Romano until she finally went back to go and live in Mexico.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading. If you don't know what was said in Spanish, well, that's what I'm here for.

Here are the translations:

¿De que estas ablando? = What are you talking about?
Puedo a ir hoy si tú quieres. = I can go today if you want.
Este lugar es muy bonito. = This place is really beautiful.
mas temprano= earlier
Hola. ¿Qué te trae por aquí?= Hi. What brings you here?
La curiosidad = Curiosity
¿Como te llamas y de donde eres? = What's your name and where are you from?
Yo soy España, el país. Pero mi nombre es Antonio Fernández Carriedo. = I am Spain, the country. But my name is Antonio Fernandez Carriedo.
I think I used too much Spanish. But what can I say, as a bilingual speaker, it just comes naturally. It was pretty fun writing this. I hope you enjoyed! Mother Shwan out!